Celebrities Colours - Season 1

little legend

Popster to Popster 3,689

I feel y’all’s pain. I went with something new and multicolored. I figured I try something different despite the greater risk since I can no longer wow the judges with the royal monochromatic look. Looks like the judges are looking for something different from us imo 

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 22,765

chile every judge says a different thing and looks for a different thing so I got so stressed and sent in a random look

• hugs 1

Popster for Sale 41,791
Just now, donatellab said:

chile every judge says a different thing and looks for a different thing so I got so stressed and sent in a random look

Ready to see it

550994508_IMG_3215(1).thumb.JPG.c6a3e8b2

Kindness Admin 7,530

I dunno if it's good or bad that I already submitted before reading all of this.

Personally, I find it hard to know what's being judged in general, never mind this specific theme. I think, maybe for the second version of this, there should be categories that are judged consistently for each week. Something like this from each judge:

Theme (color) use: 9.5 - prominent use of the color red

Outfit: 8.1 - Fits well and looks nice.

Originality: 5.5 - Not a very original look, pretty pedestrian really

Overall: 7.7

I think this just makes it a bit easier to get why scores are how they are. I also don't like that there's such favoritism for one solid color. That's so boring to me and limits options. I think the theme needs to be a prominent color - but maybe not the ONLY color, otherwise we get just endless red dresses, etc. I feel there is more versatility that deserves exploring.

Also, clarification on if the photo itself and the composition/backgrounds matter at all.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

• paws up 5
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 23,020
15 minutes ago, BenG said:

Something your celeb would wear to pride but didn't necessarily wear it at pride

giphy.gif

Oh i get you. I don't think people were going to submit looks their artists actually attended pride with considering half of these girls are homophobic and never attended pride

17adc0726ad5ac92e4529635b03db649.gif

• lol 3

Moderator 24,209

We are asked to judge on the following  criteria 

-Theme colour ( so a total white look or a look with different shades of white will get more pts than an outfit that has very little white on it)

- How amazing, unique, beautiful the outfit is. It can be a very simple dress but still very beautiful.

- Your personal taste and criterias

Edited by Sir.Sim
  • paws up 3
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 28,930
x3
10 minutes ago, admin said:

I dunno if it's good or bad that I already submitted before reading all of this.

Personally, I find it hard to know what's being judged in general, never mind this specific theme. I think, maybe for the second version of this, there should be categories that are judged consistently for each week. Something like this from each judge:

Theme (color) use: 9.5 - prominent use of the color red

Outfit: 8.1 - Fits well and looks nice.

Originality: 5.5 - Not a very original look, pretty pedestrian really

Overall: 7.7

I think this just makes it a bit easier to get why scores are how they are. I also don't like that there's such favoritism for one solid color. That's so boring to me and limits options. I think the theme needs to be a prominent color - but maybe not the ONLY color, otherwise we get just endless red dresses, etc. I feel there is more versatility that deserves exploring.

Also, clarification on if the photo itself and the composition/backgrounds matter at all.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

First of all thank you for your suggestions. It's just the first Season and obviously we as judges will make mistakes but we are trying to improve. 

We give just one score but if for example is high it means that it has all the 3 criterias you mentioned , ( theme colour, nice outfit, and originallity). We judge only the outfit but let's be honest if you see someone looking stunning with it and everything on the photo looks perfect it makes the judges more positive towards this submission. Also with tgis round as you can see we don't focus on one exactly colour so we could see more diversity on the submissions.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Moderator 24,209
1 minute ago, little legend said:

First of all thank you for your suggestions. It's just the first Season and obviously we as judges will make mistakes but we are trying to improve. 

We give just one score but if for example is high it means that it has all the 3 criterias you mentioned , ( theme colour, nice outfit, and originallity). We judge only the outfit but let's be honest if you see someone looking stunning with it and everything on the photo looks perfect it makes the judges more positive towards this submission. Also with tgis round as you can see we don't focus on one exactly colour so we could see more diversity on the submissions.

Please tag all the participants also!!

Pop-a-911-ster 28,930
x3
2 minutes ago, Sir.Sim said:

Please tag all the participants also!!

I am not ready for another slander from them:icant:

Edited by little legend
  • hugs 1
  • lol 1

Popstanne 7,593

I'm still having trouble with this round by the way - I'm torn between a monochromatic outfit that's kinda boring or an outfit with multiple colours that's kinda ugly

I'm not gonna score high either way :enigma:

• hugs 3
  • thanks 1