Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Popster for Sale 57,185
2 hours ago, Andreu said:

At this rate The Fame will be at some point, considering its her biggest selling album atm in the US :mess:

I don’t think so looking at the way the RIAA splits the units 

But who cares about a Diamond album when splitting it only gives her career more consistency and more recognition to the Pop Bible of this century aka TFM :romance:

I think TF and TFM will reach at some point 7 et 6xPlatinum respectively 

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 18,409

A reminder that Rain On Me 

Rain On Me" received widespread critical acclaim upon its release.[41] Adam White of The Independentgave "Rain on Me" four out of five stars, expressing that the song was "three minutes of euphoric melodrama" and a "theatrical and replenishing triumph".[25] Joey Nolfi of Entertainment Weekly wrote that "Rain on Me" is "taking fans to sonic heaven" with the "therapeutic banger".[23]

and the only people that are downgrading the song-calling it H&M on Me for example (likewise with Stupid Love only worse) are OGH’s and well, Lady Gaga’s own fans. 

:billie:
The song and Chromatica as a whole are amazing, IDC. Bye. 

Love ya’ll 

• paws up 10
  • thanks 1

Deactivated 14,311
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Who’s ready for Chromatica to win a Grammy, and Gaga to release sour candy mv and Chromatica rerelease + remix album next week

spacer.png

Now that I am sober(ish) maybe I should lock it for real after this comment! Whew!

A Popster Is Born 12,809

I think that Folkore or FTBC will win AOTY and for the first time ever a different album (FN) will win BPVA. I think ROM has a good chance at winning Pop Duo now we know the category isn't getting any TV time and well... Thats very Gaga in a post 2019 world :billie:

Popster for Sale 57,185
2 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I think that Folkore or FTBC will win AOTY and for the first time ever a different album (FN) will win BPVA. I think ROM has a good chance at winning Pop Duo now we know the category isn't getting any TV time and well... Thats very Gaga in a post 2019 world :billie:

If we won Pop Duo ROM would get a YouTube boost with BoTS stans going to dislike the video

2hy7NJr.gif

• lol 8

A Popster Is Born 18,409
4 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Is there a source for the claims it won’t be televised tho?

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
15 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Low-key hope Jhene Aiko wins AOTY just to humble the stan community 

spacer.png

or the black pumas

22 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

girl I wish FTBC was nominated and won (not that I particularly like it tho :billie:)

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375

Maybe I'm gonna get LOLed but I always felt like grammy noms can be bought but wins can't (or at least not as often), that's why we have people who would have never guessed that would be nominated being nominated and people getting 6-8 noms just to lose them all on the one hand, and people with very few noms but winning a very high percentage of them all on the other.

• paws up 6

Gaming Leader 1,283
x2
44 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Who’s ready for Chromatica to win a Grammy, and Gaga to release sour candy mv and Chromatica rerelease + remix album next week

spacer.png

the fact none of this will happen

A Popster Is Born 18,409
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

Maybe I'm gonna get LOLed but I always felt like grammy noms can be bought but wins can't (or at least not as often), that's why we have people who would have never guessed that would be nominated being nominated and people getting 6-8 noms just to lose them all on the one hand, and people with very few noms but winning a very high percentage of them all on the other.

I’m not gonna lol you, I have a strong feeling that you may be onto something. Whatever that is, it’s still not a fair show in terms of noms and votes imo. And the likes of The Weeknd coming forward and telling his story makes me believe it even more.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,809
45 minutes ago, Delusional said:

spacer.png

Oh yes 

Then 'Chances' the lead of the new Chromatica EP with Ty Dolla and N Dubz Tulisa will become Gaga her 'Cheap Thrills' 

Spoiler

tiffany pollard laughing GIF

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
4 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

I’m not gonna lol you, I have a strong feeling that you may be onto something. Whatever that is, it’s still not a fair show in terms of noms and votes imo. And the likes of The Weeknd coming forward and telling his story makes me believe it even more.

I think they were not gonna award The Weeknd anyways, so since he wasn't going to "be there to pay back" with a performance, they decided not to nominate her, and leave his spot for someone who can give something to the academy.

Pop-a-911-ster 31,766

A reminder that God On Me deserves to win.

If Exile wins I won’t be mad tho cause it’s a great song too but God On Me will always win in my heart 

Spoiler

And in my a** 

Spoiler

Jk

Spoiler

Or not 💋

Edited by Miaou
  • lol 6
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,669

The song received widespread critical acclaim upon release. E! Online's Billy Nilles described "Exile" as a "devastating dream" that "hits like a punch to the gut".[18] Praising the song's passion and conversational lyricism, Clashwriter Valerie Magan called the song a "scintillating" duet and "a wintry, tortured monster of a song" that best showcases the "sonic beauty" of Folklore.[25] Writing for Consequence of Sound, Matt Melis named "Exile" the Song of the Week upon the album's release, and called the duo's pairing a "minor miracle in 2020".[26] Reviewing for the same publication, Katie Moulton stated that "Exile" portrays a "dissolving" romance with two voices in counterpoint, and remarked the lyrics as "clever but restrained" with maturity, observing the song's emotions to be "not only high-pitched" but possessing "complex, shifting depths"

Pop-a-911-ster 29,669

Not a Katy Perry’s fan counting standalone singles on Smile and Witness Chile (Feels etc)

Teenage Dream - 3,107,484,316
PRISM - 2,401,712,518
Witness - 2,096,091,768
Smile - 1,305,775,814
One of the Boys - 865,624,110
Remixes + Singles hors albums - 224M

Top 10 :

1. Feels - 772,778,191
2. Dark Horse - 759,768,404
3. Roar - 616,425,088
4. Firework - 507,618,020
5. Never Really Over - 479,534,473
6. Chained to the Rhythm - 451,374,543
7. Last Friday Night - 429,206,296
8. I Kissed a Girl - 352,310,847
9. California Gurls - 339,813,267
10. Swish Swish - 338,782,778

• lol 7

A Popster Is Born 18,409
15 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I think they were not gonna award The Weeknd anyways, so since he wasn't going to "be there to pay back" with a performance, they decided not to nominate her, and leave his spot for someone who can give something to the academy.

Meh, I think he would have won something. He won in the past and had a smash hit along with a smash album. I don’t necessarily disagree with you but I believe his version of events and your explanation of it. Do you know what I mean? And the fact they, in the end, did not get what they wanted, aka Bey, makes me laugh a bit.

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 57,185
2 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Not a Katy Perry’s fan counting standalone singles on Smile and Witness Chile (Feels etc)

Teenage Dream - 3,107,484,316
PRISM - 2,401,712,518
Witness - 2,096,091,768
Smile - 1,305,775,814
One of the Boys - 865,624,110
Remixes + Singles hors albums - 224M

Top 10 :

1. Feels - 772,778,191
2. Dark Horse - 759,768,404
3. Roar - 616,425,088
4. Firework - 507,618,020
5. Never Really Over - 479,534,473
6. Chained to the Rhythm - 451,374,543
7. Last Friday Night - 429,206,296
8. I Kissed a Girl - 352,310,847
9. California Gurls - 339,813,267
10. Swish Swish - 338,782,778

Yup the OGH Nonos posted it on ChartsInFrance and I called him out and he fixed it

For Witness they included Feels and other songs to make it look like it's at 2B when it's at 1.19B and gainng less than ARTPOP despite more than 3 singles :katy_pie:

On Smile they included Con Calma Remix, Never Worn White, 365 and Small Talk when they're not on the album and on Teenage Dream and PRISM they included all the Katy feateures around those eras as part of the albums, literal clowns :katy_pie:

• thanks 1
  • lol 7