Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

l thought Cardi has this on lock. But now, it depends on whose performance will get bigger boost. Even though Bruno is one of the few male artist i can tolerate, still rooting for Cardi to pull through. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
12 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Dua needs and deserves that AOTY win, she served an excellent album that has the same Metascore as Folklore and that spawned multiple hit singles (the commercial impact of an album is taken into account for AOTY) + it would be a great way to consolidate her name, Taylor already won it twice so she'd be fine without it

juju_sieht_jetzt_aus_wie_christina_aguilera.thumb.jpg.887e262ab018f47dfb45407eeee9947e.jpg

I would agree if Dua let her album the way it is, but does someone who bloated her album sacrificing its concept and sonic atmosphere to attempt to break a spotify recor deserve the AOTY recognition? not if you asked me

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
9 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

l thought Cardi has this on lock. But now, it depends on whose performance will get bigger boost. Even though Bruno is one of the few male artist i can tolerate, still rooting for Cardi to pull through. 

Bruno deserves

Popster for Sale 57,271
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

I would agree if Dua let her album the way it is, but does someone who bloated her album sacrificing its concept and sonic atmosphere to attempt to break a spotify recor deserve the AOTY recognition? not if you asked me

Still what would be awarded is the original album so even if she added 689897 songs to inflate the streams/campaign for the Grammys (whose campaign ended before the B side anyways), does she deserve it less than Taylor who released another album with literal rejects from the nominated one in order to campaign? 

juju_sieht_jetzt_aus_wie_christina_aguilera.thumb.jpg.887e262ab018f47dfb45407eeee9947e.jpg

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
Just now, Fame Romance said:

Still what would be awarded is the original album so even if she added 689897 songs to inflate the streams/campaign for the Grammys (whose campaign ended before the B side anyways), does she deserve it less than Taylor who released another album with literal rejects from the nominated one in order to campaign? 

you already know my opinion on the F album by the T person well enough to answer your own question ves T

juju_sieht_jetzt_aus_wie_christina_aguil

Spoiler

and I said I want someone that's not a commercially successful pop star to win in the last place

• lol 2

Popster for Sale 44,755
11 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

False.

Popster for Sale 57,271
1 minute ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

False.

Well in her own words it's "Floklore's little sister" and she rushed to release it in the last round of Grammy voting even when she knew it was going to be overshined by Christmas music

Knowing how she has said herself she's awards and recognition obsessed it's not hard to draw conclusions

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,755
1 minute ago, Fame Romance said:

Well in her own words it's "Floklore's little sister" and she rushed to release it in the last round of Grammy voting even when she knew it was going to be overshined by Christmas music

Knowing how she has said herself she's awards and recognition obsessed it's not hard to draw conclusions

Even if that's the case it's still a good album (critical/fan reception was similar to Folklore's) that makes sense as an entire body of work. She was strategic without compromising artistic integrity. 

• paws up 4

Moderator 3,690

Regarding Dua and FN, I like the album, just the last two tracks are so out of place there and honestly replacing them with either Fever, That Kind Of Woman, If It Aint Me or even We're Good would have made the album better. However the album is still good and it would be good to reward a pop star who is actually being a pop star - promo, singles, looks.

HAIM made an extremely consistent record with good lyrics so if they win, then let them.

I love folklore even though most of the other people here don't seem to enjoy it :billie:. It is Taylor's stronger work, her finally understanding that her music can stand on its own and does not need horrible "sing-along" singles to sell well. Also she finally understood that she can write about stuff that is not about her and it must have been extremely liberating.

I still think that they snubbed Fiona Apple and Phoebe Bridgers in the AOTY category and probably my AOTY winner would have been Phoebe Bridgers. 

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,755
Just now, Andreu said:

(ignore the caption)

Charli XCX made TikTok video with Poker Face :oscar:

Not this :dead:

Hopefully the popper gays give this trend a second wind now 

Charli XCX holds up bottle of poppers and yells 'gay rights' in viral video