ARTPOPster 2,470
3 minutes ago, Juju said:

i wonder whether WAP or Blinding Lights be certified diamond first

Edited by thetea
  • paws up 1

Moderator 17,128
1 minute ago, thetea said:

i wonder whether WAP or Blinding Lights be certified diamond first

Absolutely Blinding Lights. WAP is already out with lower units per week than BL and it's below BL in total units as well.

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,771

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/digital-marketing-streaming-manipulation-1138529/

payola exposed again

apparently people buy spotify streams and there are recordings that prove it.

also this:

«But despite the new vocabulary, digital marketers say that some streaming manipulation resembles old-school radio payola: Third parties build or gain control of playlists or networks of playlists on a platform like Spotify and then accept payment from artists or their teams for placing songs in those lists. (Though unlike payola, there is no Federal Communications Commission regulation of streaming manipulation.) »

Reminds me of a certain Albanian singer.

So basically not only there are inflated streaming numbers with the use of bots, there is also corruption in the making of playllists 

If You Say So Shrug GIF

Edited by ChromaticaOreos
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,771
2 minutes ago, danwasd said:

Poor Dula :arguega:

«He also noted that the call was a sales presentation, “and it is possible that some statements may have been exaggerated.” On the audio recording, for example, Mack claims to have worked with a global superstar and hired “the right team in every country across the world” to help one of her rollout campaigns. In his statement to Rolling Stone, however, he now says that he “never worked with” that artist. »

:mess:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,845
2 hours ago, thetea said:

ugh the way that the fame is going to serve more longevity on the charts in 2021 than Chromatica:bradley::icant:

I’m afraid to say that the better album won :icant:

• lol 1

Moderator 3,690
11 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

EUHdBGGWsAAmh4O.jpg

The article does not refer to Dua's TTH residency though. It mainly concerns third party streaming boosting and third party playlists, TTH is Spotify's own main playlist so this article is not referencing that promotion.