Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Popster for Sale 57,181
3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Then her fans had the nerve to compare her streams to Gaga’s saying they are alike :rip:

1 minute ago, Joesuda said:

I mean Daisies and NRO had some decent radio AI which helped them linger. However there were some discrepancies with Daisies streams - it was getting more streams then the positions on streaming platforms seemed to suggest. 

I don’t mean it in a mean way because she’s a nice person but she truly became a legacy act, seeing Teenage Dream chart every week in the UK and some other countries makes Smile’s tanking even more violent because the public doesn’t even know she put out an album 

She really needs to reinvent herself if she wants to have her career back 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,470
Just now, Twitter said:

I really písses me off artist’s teams are using FB as a way to gain. Pathetic.

i guess taylor  doesn't need 39c remixes anymore:icant:

• lol 3

ARTPOPster 2,470

i wonder if justin will beg fans to watch his music videos with a US vpn on facebook when his lead single drops:ohhh:

ARTPOPster 2,470
Just now, Twitter said:

It really bugs me cause as successful most of these artists are. Their teams should not stoop so low.

i know right. #1s are a nice accolade to have, but artists continually stooping so low to go #1 is kinda annoying and desperate. gaga's done some of these desperate tactics but she's never discounted a, discounted, discounted song and sold dildo bundles like everyone claims she has

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,470
2 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Sadly, I can see Justin being one of the huge artists with teams doing this wack scheisse.

scooter will be the first manager to abuse this rule, along with taylor's team. this rule isn't gonna last long

Moderator 3,690
3 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

I don’t mean it in a mean way because she’s a nice person but she truly became a legacy act, seeing Teenage Dream chart every week in the UK and some other countries makes Smile’s tanking even more violent because the public doesn’t even know she put out an album 

She really needs to reinvent herself if she wants to have her career back 

Yeah, Katy seems like a nice person, but honestly she feels like an Obama era pop-star - the world has moved on and people really aren't clamoring for a goofy, look I'm so fun, everything is simple, love everybody popstar which Katy was and still is. Also Witness truly did hurt her - it felt like she was trying too hard. Katy has done fun videos well (Last Friday Night), but Swish-Swish felt awkward and very much "How do you do fellow kids". This coupled with the fact that the music was not as good lead to a decline. 

Smile was a step in the right direction - Never Really Over is an effortless pop song that works, however the followups were not that good and NRO failed to achieve the commercial success they were expecting and then the droplet era and mismanaging was sad to see. 

Popster for Sale 57,181
3 minutes ago, thetea said:

i know right. #1s are a nice accolade to have, but artists continually stooping so low to go #1 is kinda annoying and desperate. gaga's done some of these desperate tactics but she's never discounted a, discounted, discounted song and sold dildo bundles like everyone claims she has

What desperate tactics has Gaga done for her #1s tho? 

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 2,470
1 minute ago, Twitter said:

It literally adds to the list on why I stan artists like Gaga and J Cole so much. I respect artists EARNING their No. 1 hits and acheievements (even tho I think BBH100 be rigged) but still.

I don't listen to J. Cole that much, i like a few of his songs and you're right, artists should earn their #1s not use their fanbase to the top. gaga could say that all her #1s were real before and not manipulated, but after she released ROM she can't say that anymore. I saw a thread on reddit about 2020's #1 debuts and ROM wouldn't have debuted at #1 without all the merch bundles. i do hope that gaga uses this new rule once though for C3C. it would be legendary for a jazz song in 2021 to go #1. it would also be tony's first #1 and probably his last

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,470
2 minutes ago, Twitter said:

I lose mad respect for teams doing anything to get No. 1 singles. The artist should EARN it.

it really means nothing in the end unless people actually remember your song. bad romance is very remembered, at least where i live and it never went #1. but all these tactics that taylor, 6ix9ine, nicki and other artists do mean nothing because no one will remember cardigan, willow, and trollz in 10 years

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 12,809
25 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

I mean Daisies and NRO had some decent radio AI which helped them linger. However there were some discrepancies with Daisies streams - it was getting more streams then the positions on streaming platforms seemed to suggest. 

It's getting 300k daily on Spotify now which isn't as bad as I thought 10 months later 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,788
9 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

Yeah, Katy seems like a nice person, but honestly she feels like an Obama era pop-star - the world has moved on and people really aren't clamoring for a goofy, look I'm so fun, everything is simple, love everybody popstar which Katy was and still is. Also Witness truly did hurt her - it felt like she was trying too hard. Katy has done fun videos well (Last Friday Night), but Swish-Swish felt awkward and very much "How do you do fellow kids". This coupled with the fact that the music was not as good lead to a decline. 

Smile was a step in the right direction - Never Really Over is an effortless pop song that works, however the followups were not that good and NRO failed to achieve the commercial success they were expecting and then the droplet era and mismanaging was sad to see. 

She should have released Smile after NRO as a lead :bradley:

ARTPOPster 2,470
Just now, Twitter said:

How the way Chromatica era was built it seem like 1 huge cash grab. Literally was suppose to be music and the bling. Followed by the Haus Labs and Oreo promo. I would LOVE to see a game changer and C3C score Top 5. Probably be Gaga altering pop again to more jazz-pop or more lofi music.

i feel like this era's promo would've been so good. the oreo deal would've tied in with the chromatica theme and she possibly could've had another #1 single from the album. i really hope that gaga can at least get a C3C single to chart in the top 10. a jazz pop album would be so good

• yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 2,470
2 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

It's getting 300k daily on Spotify now which isn't as bad as I thought 10 months later 

that's actually pretty decent. how many is SL getting?

ARTPOPster 2,470

this is a genuine question and can someone answer this: how did mariah carey not get significantly overexposed in the 90s. she literally had at least 1 #1 song each year of the 90s. how did people not get sick of her after the first 3-4 years?

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,470
1 minute ago, Twitter said:

I’m an artist myself and dislike the FB rule. If I ever become successful and be blessed to earn a #1 hit. I will promote and make it a STAPLE. Not just something people will forget the next year.

i feel like gaga was smart in this regard. instead of rush releasing singles and remixes for songs to go #1, she wouldn't release as many singles and would instead have remembered singles with good recurrent streams,

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,470
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Talent and being quite digestible and unproblematic like Adele. She was like the girl from next door chile 

but adele released 3 albums in like 12 years. but yes she is digestible and unproblematic and the queen of shade:oscar: 

• paws up 1