Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

1 minute ago, Joesuda said:

I Don't Wanna Live Forever is a GP hit for Taylor and it was 4.25 years ago. But some Swifties truly are delusional/hate on gaga after her collab with Ari and they "need to calm down".mp3. 

her only WW hit :ohhh:

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
1 minute ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

Thank you, Zayn Malik. :icant:

A collab with a younger star AND the soundtrack to a hit movie? :icant: at least gaga didnt have to use both tricks in the same song

• lol 2

6 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

I swear to god I didn't even know there was an album called Girl Like Me

I thought that was a new shakira song or sumn :rip:

I can't differentiate between Rih albums at all, i know about Loud and Anti. But for rest, i can't tell which song belong to which album. Most of her singles feel like droplets that doesn't belong to any album to me. 

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 57,194
5 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

I Don't Wanna Live Forever is a GP hit for Taylor and it was 4.25 years ago. But some Swifties truly are delusional/hate on gaga after her collab with Ari and they "need to calm down".mp3. 

Not to play the OTSH card but tbh IDWLF feels more like Zayn's song, I bet many people don't know it's Taylor singing in it since she's not even on the chorus which is the main appeal of the song and the reason it became so big (+the fact that it's attached to a blockbuster movie which can be said about Shallow too but there's no denying that Gaga is the star of the song)

Edited by Fame Romance

A Popster Is Born 14,788

Shake it off, Blank Space, I Knew You Were Trouble were all hits WW, let's not erase history now.

Even Love Story. Look What You Made Me Do and WANEGBT, at some degree xile :lesson:

2 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

Shake it off, Blank Space, I Knew You Were Trouble were all hits WW, let's not erase history now.

i know, im just joking. But where i live even those songs above were non events. Blank space didn't chart and the other 2 only charted for 7 weeks :icant:

Moderator 3,690
5 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Not to play the OTSH card but tbh IDWLF feels more like Zayn's song, I bet most people don't know it's Taylor singing in it since she's not even on the chorus which is the main appeal of the song and the reason it became so big (+the fact that it's attached to a blockbuster movie which can be said about Shallow too but there's no deny that Gaga is the star of the song)

Yeah it probably was boosted by being attached to a film.

I mean IDWLF is kind of more Zayn territory, but the kii is that Taylor is one of the three songwriters on the song (probably wrote all of the lyrics) and Zayn is not credited. However Taylor is heavily attached to the song and I doubt people don't know that Taylor is on it. It is also boosted by the fact that it was Taylor's first song after the 1989 and previous imperial eras tend to boost the following era quite a bit. Also Zayn had a moment with Pillowtalk, but after that his star power was quite diminshed so Taylor did the heavy lifting for the celebrity. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 14,788

Yeah it probably was boosted by being attached to a film.

I mean IDWLF is kind of more Zayn territory, but the kii is that Taylor is one of the three songwriters on the song (probably wrote all of the lyrics) and Zayn is not credited. However Taylor is heavily attached to the song and I doubt people don't know that Taylor is on it. It is also boosted by the fact that it was Taylor's first song after the 1989 and previous imperial eras tend to boost the following era quite a bit. Also Zayn had a moment with Pillowtalk, but after that his star power was quite diminshed so Taylor did the heavy lifting for the celebrity. 

The way you spilled, Ms. Straight Doggo :oscar:

• paws up 1

Moderator 3,690
4 minutes ago, danwasd said:

Even Love Story. Look What You Made Me Do and WANEGBT, at some degree xile :lesson:

LWYMMD probably made the biggest original splash - the video was a moment that everybody talked about, but it was dropped like a rock so I am not sure it can be called a hit.

Exile was not really pushed - it got some airplay in Europe which is surprising, but it was not really given a true single treatment.

WANEGBT probably introduced pop Taylor to the world, but it somehow feels that I Knew You Were Trouble overshadowed it.

Love Story was Taylor's breakthrough hit, but it is still a Country (influenced) song and it did not really smash WW. 

Popster for Sale 57,194

Speaking of Taylor I don't understand how the flop that 22 was at the time has 100M more YouTube views than IKYWT :rip:

Guess people prefer a fresher bubblegum pop song over another sad breakup song

But I like that Taylor experimeted with a new dubstep sound on IKYWT, I remember that viral goat meme with the chorus of the song lmao

Edited by Fame Romance
  • paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,667
Just now, Fame Romance said:

Speaking about Taylor I don't understand how the flop that 22 was at the time has 100M more YouTube views that IKYWT :rip:

But I like that Taylor experimeted with a new dubstep sound on IKYWT, I remember that viral goat meme with the chorus of the song lmao

22 has longevity because of the constant flux of people turning 22 and using it on their birthday parties/insta stories. Prove me wrong. 

• thanks 1
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 14,788
2 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

LWYMMD probably made the biggest original splash - the video was a moment that everybody talked about, but it was dropped like a rock so I am not sure it can be called a hit.

Exile was not really pushed - it got some airplay in Europe which is surprising, but it was not really given a true single treatment.

WANEGBT probably introduced pop Taylor to the world, but it somehow feels that I Knew You Were Trouble overshadowed it.

Love Story was Taylor's breakthrough hit, but it is still a Country (influenced) song and it did not really smash WW. 

The topic was WW hits from Tay, not smashes... They were minor hits, yup, but I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the GP knows the three of them

• paws up 1

5 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Speaking of Taylor I don't understand how the flop that 22 was at the time has 100M more YouTube views than IKYWT :rip:

4 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

22 has longevity because of the constant flux of people turning 22 and using it on their birthday parties/insta stories. Prove me wrong. 

Also IKYWT has an annoying 2 min intro without music and is her longest music video. Same reason why BTW views sucks despite being a huge song 

Edited by artgagapop
  • paws up 3

Popster for Sale 44,667
Just now, danwasd said:

The topic was WW hits from Tay, not smashes... They were minor hits, yup, but I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the GP knows the three of them

If we're talking about WW hits from Taylor: Love Story, WANGBT, IKYWT, Shake it Off, Blank Space, Bad Blood, Style, Wildest Dreams, I don't wanna live forever, LWYMMD, Delicate, Me and YNTCD tbh. 

• thanks 1

Moderator 3,690
2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Taylor used it when Dubstep was already everywhere - ironically Taylor's use probably meant that it was over. Britney used it already in 2007 and Dubstep was quite popular in the 2007-20012 era.

4 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Youtube is a weird platform - some "flops" are extremely succesful there (Katy's Witness era videos). 22's whole aesthetic is very 2012 millennial hipster core - and people turning 22 probably will use it in their playlists. 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 14,788
2 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

If we're talking about WW hits from Taylor: Love Story, WANGBT, IKYWT, Shake it Off, Blank Space, Bad Blood, Style, Wildest Dreams, I don't wanna live forever, LWYMMD, Delicate, Me and YNTCD tbh. 

Style, WD and Delicate with a grain of salt, but ME! abd YNTCD? :whatga:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,266

Spotify Achievements (2/25/21)

Shallow crosses 1.415b streams (1,415,116,485)

Rain On Me crosses 535m streams (535,293,362)

Telephone crosses 340m streams (340,062,459)

Maybe It's Time crosses 103m streams(103,041,822)

Monster crosses 49m streams (49,008,428)

Diamond Heart crosses 46m streams (46,013,950)

It Don't Mean A Thing... crosses 10m streams (10,001,005)

tumblr_nfkrr0TaCc1r3gqv8o3_500.gifv

It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) becomes the third track on Cheek To Cheek to reach 10m streams.

Babylon is now Gaga's 53rd (+1) most-streamed track, surpassing Sinner's Prayer.

Fun Tonightis now Gaga's 59th (+1) most-streamed track, overtaking Dance In The Dark

• paws up 3

Popster for Sale 44,667
Just now, danwasd said:

Style, WD and Delicate with a grain of salt, but ME! abd YNTCD? :whatga:

Okay Delicate Me and YNTCD might be a bit of a stresh - but they felt successful here in Portugal so I'm probably biased.

Wildest Dreams and Style though? I think they where big hits.

Popster for Sale 44,667

Looking at Gaga's most streamed songs is so unpleasant because you have Shallow with a massive 1,4B and then it just absolutely collapses to 500M+. It's good that we have the 30th most streamed track on Spotify but I hope she gets at least another smash that bridges Shallow and the rest of her discography tbh. 

• paws up 7