Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Moderator 3,690
11 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Well tbf they massively suported her from The Fame up until Applause, she's been treated like sh*t since that

Taylor too, her only singles that have managed to get high on the radio charts in the last few years did so with massive payola and broke free fall records in audience/spins because the callouts have been horrendous

I mean DWUW was also decently supported - it was her last pop radio top 10 until ROM. But yeah, pop radio tends to be extremely harsh on women over 30 years of age. 

Edited by Joesuda
  • sad 1

17 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Well tbf they massively suported her from The Fame up until Applause, she's been treated like sh*t since that

Taylor too, her only singles that have managed to get high on the radio charts in the last few years did so with massive payola and broke free fall records in audience/spins because the callouts have been horrendous

Even though Radio supported her, her numbers really didn't match that of Rihanna and Katy (maybe even Kesha). 

Popster for Sale 57,204
1 minute ago, zoldyck said:

Even though Radio supported her, her numbers really didn't match that of Rihanna and Katy (maybe even Kesha). 

Well she got 6 back to back #1 singles on US pop radio from The Fame and TFM, Bad Romance even broke weekly spins record at the time and Born This Way became the highest debut on the Radio Songs chart of all-time

If you mean her numbers in terms of total #1 radio hits then yeah Rihanna and Katy had more

• paws up 2

Popster This Way 900
9 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

I mean DWUW was also decently supported - it was her last pop radio top 10 until ROM. But yeah, pop radio tends to be extremely harsh on women over 30 years of age. 

I remember DWUW getting okay radio callouts and had decent radio airplay. The video probably would have created enough buzz to push it into the top 10. Ironically, that same video would have also killed/seriously hurt her career, so its not the worst thing DWUW was only a moderate success.

• paws up 2

9 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Well she got 6 back to back #1 singles on US pop radio from The Fame and TFM, Bad Romance even broke weekly spins record at the time and Born This Way became the highest debut on the Radio Songs chart of all-time

If you mean her numbers in terms of total #1 radio hits then yeah Rihanna and Katy had more

In term of radio audience peak, Katy and Rihanna has multiple songs over 150M audience, while Gaga peak was Applause with like 115M audience.

Pop-a-911-ster 22,765

BH posted this on GGD. Idk whether it’s true or not, but it makes me so sad to think about how huge the era would’ve been if it wasn’t for the pandemic :bradley:

spacer.png

• sad 1

A Popster Is Born 12,810
3 minutes ago, donatellab said:

BH posted this on GGD. Idk whether it’s true or not, but it makes me so sad to think about how huge the era would’ve been if it wasn’t for the pandemic :bradley:

spacer.png

I remember hearing she was going to France when SL dropped, I remember the genius lyric videos. 

Lol not excited for another lyric video based on Gaga's track record :billie:

• paws up 1

Moderator 3,690
5 minutes ago, donatellab said:

spacer.png

Even though I personally love to think of could-be's and longingly look at could-have-been's, I think that hoping for additional content or talking about if's without Corona will only sour the Chromatica era more. It seems that Gaga has moved on and we have to enjoy Chromatica on it's own merits, taking in the strengths (and few weaknesses). Gaga Walking GIF - Gaga Walking Joanne - Discover & Share GIFs

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 18,409
9 minutes ago, donatellab said:

spacer.png

This is def true. Well, this amazing album did not deserve the awful fate. So sad.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,409
Just now, Joesuda said:

Even though I personally love to think of could-be's and longingly look at could-have-been's, I think that hoping for additional content or talking about if's without Corona will only sour the Chromatica era more. It seems that Gaga has moved on and we have to enjoy Chromatica on it's own merits, taking in the strengths (and few weaknesses). Gaga Walking GIF - Gaga Walking Joanne - Discover & Share GIFs

Agreed. We really have to take it as it is imo. 

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 22,765
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Wait cos that visual he’s talking about could boost Chromatica a bit if it’s good 

+ imagine if Chromatica ball gets cancelled, she could upload the visuals they were going to use if they had been shot already

I think it’s gonna be another animated video of sorts, but that would help us a lot now. Still angry we didn’t get a proper music video with Gaga and BP. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,931
x3
23 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

In term of radio audience peak, Katy and Rihanna has multiple songs over 150M audience, while Gaga peak was Applause with like 115M audience.

Applause peak was at 130M audience but still some songs at that time had over 200M 

A Popster Is Born 18,409
4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Wait cos that visual he’s talking about could boost Chromatica a bit if it’s good 

+ imagine if Chromatica ball gets cancelled, she could upload the visuals they were going to use if they had been shot already

I honestly think that if they did not release it by now, they won’t release it at all. It’s just so obvious the album campaign is over and done. 

• paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 22,765
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

A MTV plugged would be incredible promo if Gaga did it. Imagine 4-5 performances:

• Bad Romance 
  • Shallow
  • Just Dance 
  • Rain On Me (with Ariana Grande)
  • Maybe ARUTW?

Would make sooooo much noise. More and more artists seem to be doing them because of quarantine 

Hide contents

Sadly but also thankfully she’s in Italy 

as if we’re ever gonna hear ARUTW live :icant:

spacer.png

• sad 1
  • lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 29,681

Not surprised about France being one of those countries. Pretty sure that in a free covid world they would have added a second Stade de France date, which was rumored since the beginning to be July 26, 2020. Not surprised by Japan also as dates were scheduled before covid took off. So they didn’t announce them because covid was in Asia at that time 

Edited by ViviLittleM
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 18,409
4 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Not surprised about France being one of those countries. Pretty sure that in a free covid world they would have added a second Stade de France date, which was rumored since the beginning to be July 26, 2020. Not surprised by Japan also as dates were scheduled before covid took off. So they didn’t announce them because covid was in Asia at that time 

For some reason tho I always had doubts about them adding more dates. Thats because the tour was already not really a tour since it was only 6 shows. Idk. 

Popster for Sale 44,679
10 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

I honestly think that if they did not release it by now, they won’t release it at all. It’s just so obvious the album campaign is over and done. 

What about the Grammys performance? :door:

Spoiler

No but I fully agree with you - nothing is coming now - the last possibility is if they recorded a performance for the Grammys to say goodbye to the era but even that is unlikely at this point.

We should just move forward and expect nothing.

A Popster Is Born 14,788
23 minutes ago, Delusional said:

A MTV plugged would be incredible promo if Gaga did it. Imagine 4-5 performances:

• Bad Romance 
  • Shallow
  • Just Dance 
  • Rain On Me (with Ariana Grande)
  • Maybe ARUTW?

Would make sooooo much noise. More and more artists seem to be doing them because of quarantine 

Hide contents

Sadly but also thankfully she’s in Italy 

Oh wow, is this the single K-pop perf I've ever seen where the performers have not stage presence :dead:

• lol 1