Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Moderator 3,690
Just now, Delusional said:

Fair enough but little legend’s point also still stands. They’ve had out of local acts perform before in the name of art + putting on a good show. There’s not a rule book for the opening or closing ceremonies.

Gisele B. literally walked down some runway in 2016 and for what. She’s Brazilian but where does modelling come into play at the Olympics :whatga: Again, there is no rule book for these sort of events 

Yeah there is no rule book, so it is a possibility, even though I think that possibility is extremely small.

Japan is extremely proud of their culture and will probably focus on their own cultural imports - Pokemon, anime, etc. If they invite foreign artists I would not be surprised if they invited some k-pop stars as k-pop groups make albums in Japanese, heavily promote there and it would boost Japan's sense of self-importance.

France is a little more probable to invite miss Gaga, but I would not be surprised if they invited someone like Celine Dion or other foreign-born artist that makes albums in French. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364

As much as I'd love to see her perform in the Olympic opening or closing ceremony, I wouldn't like to see a USA popstar being chosen above a local artist. Maybe when they do the next ones in the USA?

• paws up 1

Moderator 3,690
Just now, Delusional said:

Let’s say Gaga performed a 10 min medley at the Olympics, what do y’all think she’d perform?

The classic trio me thinks..

1. Poker Face 
  2. Shallow
  3. Bad Romance

Or if just a single song, Bad Romance on the piano. 

One artist usually is not given multiple songs so if she were to perform it would probably be Bad Romance. 

• paws up 1

Popstanne 7,573

When LA will host the Olympics in 2028 I could see them going all out and inviting multiple megastars to perform at the opening/closing ceremony, along with a few newer/more recent artists. Similar to how the UK did it in 2012.

• paws up 1

Moderator 3,690
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

PLEASE who on Earth got Dua to perform at this event :dead:

I mean UEFA is European organisation and Dua is the biggest recent European popstar on a global level. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,922
x3

I'll be happy if she at least one of her song even if it's You and I or Million Reasons. Knowing her she probably would perform at the Olympics, Imagine or a song like this

• paws up 2

Moderator 3,690
6 minutes ago, Delusional said:

2028 is so god damn far away though :katy:

It is as far away as 2014 is close :katy: - aka Katy's last #1 single, 1989 album, C2C era. 

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 28,922
x3
24 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

Dua is stealing Miley's SPS for Prisoner due to FN's re-release ezgif-com-gif-maker-4.gif

Plastic Hearts tanking because of it ezgif-com-gif-maker-4.gif

So did i understand right? Prisoner's streaming and sales . are now counting for Future Nostalgia and not for Plastic Hearts in which it was originally?

I can't at Dua's tactics :nicki_scream: The way ste literally stole the song from Miley's album :bradley:

Edited by little legend
  • paws up 1