Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

10 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

Since we are making controversial posts:

I love Chromatica the album so much but I think this era is going to be a blip in her discography and legacy. Much like ARTPOP. I'd love to be proven wrong but without any highlights to the era (and if it is ending with C3C era starting soon), it won't be remembered much down the road. Monsters will try to use VMAs and Tricon award but it won't be remembered by the GP. Even the much anticipated collab with Ariana will soon whittle down as both artists continue to head into either new peaks or reinvent themselves entirely.

Yup. ROM will be the only remembered thing about the era like Applause is for artpop and even then, both will be pretty forgotten compared to her other hits. 

Edited by artgagapop
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,923
x3
2 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

Yup. ROM will be the only remembered thing about the era like Applause is for artpop and even then, both will be pretty forgotten compared to her other hits. 

So it won't be remembered at all:icant:

This always cracks me up I can't even...

Katy Perry - Bon Apple Teeth views throughout the years

2017 ~421,000,000 

2018 ~180,000,000

2019 ~240,000,000 :ohhh:

2020 ~218,000,000 :dead:

:billie: The #59 peaking song with only 6 weeks on the charts did THAT :billie:

• shook 1
  • lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 28,923
x3
2 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

This always cracks me up I can't even...

Katy Perry - Bon Apple Teeth views throughout the years

2017 ~421,000,000 

2018 ~180,000,000

2019 ~240,000,000 :ohhh:

2020 ~218,000,000 :dead:

:billie: The #59 peaking song with only 6 weeks on the charts did THAT :billie:

The amount of Payola

When will @Delusional

A Popster Is Born 12,808
14 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

Since we are making controversial posts:

I love Chromatica the album so much but I think this era is going to be a blip in her discography and legacy. Much like ARTPOP. I'd love to be proven wrong but without any highlights to the era (and if it is ending with C3C era starting soon), it won't be remembered much down the road. Monsters will try to use VMAs and Tricon award but it won't be remembered by the GP. Even the much anticipated collab with Ariana will soon whittle down as both artists continue to head into either new peaks or reinvent themselves entirely.

FGUO.gif

Commercially there was nothing much organic about the era either, which won't help. It was all hype in some way or another, which resulted in the large peaks but then nothing behind them. It needed a full rollout with everything thrown at it. A shame because it's some of her best visuals. Not entirely her team fault either, it's whst happened in the world (although the adaptation or will to make it bigger wasn't there) 

At this point it needs a Grammy and SC to have its moment and hopefully age better than what we think 

1497846252_max2.thumb.jpg.1fd8315ad5d879

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 57,181
3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

The way if DWUW had a less controversial feature it would have been DH vs. DWUW :rip: mess - nty

Well back then the feature wasn’t seen as that controversial and it lacked a MV

Inb4 DWUW would’ve been bigger than Dark Horse, it just needed a video :ohhh:

• lol 2

Moderator 17,112
2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Well back then the feature wasn’t seen as that controversial and it lacked a MV

Inb4 DWUW would’ve been bigger than Dark Horse, it just needed a video :ohhh:

Interscope basically stopped promoting the song after the music video debacle and Gaga vanished for months from the public eye as she had to deal with internal drama. DWUW had huge potential, especially considering it would've gone against Unconditionally and not Dark Horse which meant less bad press.

Porthos

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,712
24 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

ROM is way bigger in the world than Applause was so.

And ROM is in her top 10 WW biggest hits unlike Applesauce