Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

Doubting that seeing first week of his lastest album 

we should have decent pure sales since his fanbase is probably old now. 

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711
4 minutes ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

Honestly, considering Tony's health announcement, his next album is a certified hit. It's a question of time before Gaga score yet another #1 with him, which would be her seventh. She will tied with Janet Jackson's record, being only below Madonna (9) and Barbra Streisand (11) female-wise.

Taylor is already at 7 #1 

1 minute ago, Miaou said:

I'm so glad that Gaga retained a big fanbase. As long as she doesn't do anything stupid, her albums will pretty much always debut at #1, unless of course Adele releases. She just has to work hard to get high first week sales. 

ASIB soundtrack success was obviously helped alot by the movie. But still in the first few weeks we got 4 mvs, 3 songs on TTH, 1 spotify video and several televised interviews. Meanwhile Chromatica release had 1 UK interview, SC on TTH for less time then LWIF and a SC lyric video. It's tragic that a soundtrack got a much bigger push on streaming then an pop/dance album made for streaming and that was released during a pandemic so streaming was even more important now :icant:

• paws up 3

Gaming Leader 8,440
1 minute ago, Miaou said:

Damn you're right. :mess:

3 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

His health, which I only wish gets better, made headlines. I think it will sell good, despite the last one (with Diana Krall?) flopping. 

Just now, artgagapop said:

ASIB soundtrack success was obviously helped alot by the movie. But still in the first few weeks we got 4 mvs, 3 songs on TTH, 1 spotify video and several televised interviews. Meanwhile Chromatica release had 1 UK interview, SC on TTH for less time then LWIF and a SC lyric video. It's tragic that a soundtrack got a much bigger push on streaming then an pop/dance album made for streaming and that was released during a pandemic so streaming was even more important now :icant:

Her team had no excuse for the poor playlisting. They could have at least playlisted chromatica

6 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Yeah but this time around he has Gaga too + Gaga's doing great on streaming so I think they could go #1. Cheek To Cheek went top 10 with an interview that Gaga didn't even talk about on her socials or on TV. I think Gaga's seventh chart-topper is on its way. :ally:

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 16,279
1 minute ago, artgagapop said:

Yeah let's compare era butchered by every single thing possible and era backed up by the movie. ASIB interviews were also because of the movie. Not to mention most of stuff wasn't even possible "first few weeks". Just because Gaga quit everything doesn't matter she had different or better team for asib. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,807
5 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

Yes

So that reeks of interscope/Bobby having not as much to do with it as Warner bros no matter what people say :laughga:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,279
5 minutes ago, thetea said:

Her team had no excuse for the poor playlisting. They could have at least playlisted chromatica

Overall three chroamtica tracks were on tth (just like asib) with ROM reaching 200m playlist followers which is rare exposure. 

Gaming Leader 8,440
Just now, thetea said:

I swear, she'll soon pull a TS with the buffonery :icant: 

the release-makeup-products-then-disappear chapter

the wrapped-around-my-chromatica-blanket chapter

the bobby-and-coffeemaking chapter

the these-monsters-got-me-twisted chapter

the wet-and-dripping-in-chromatica-soap chapter

the pop-a-911-and-call-911 chapter

the kirill-stop-acting-up chapter

• yaas, gaga 2

uJoDNWh.png

I honestly don't get how this fraudery was allowed to be #1 for that many weeks. It's sales were from websites and it wasn't doing well on spotify in the U.S. It served longevity though. Life Goes On was such a good song but it was literally the shortest charting #1 debut (3 weeks)

The way Alice almost went top 10 on global spotify on the release day without almost any playlisting, the whole album in the top 50 :horse_race:
So much lost potential, they really should have put a gaga solo song on TTH in addition to SC and ROM , either 911 or Alice 

• paws up 3

2 minutes ago, Applause said:

Overall three chroamtica tracks were on tth (just like asib) with ROM reaching 200m playlist followers which is rare exposure. 

it didn't last that long though. It was dropped from TTH fast while SWU stayed there for a while

A Popster Is Born 16,279
1 minute ago, thetea said:

it didn't last that long though. It was dropped from TTH fast while SWU stayed there for a while

TTH isn't only playlist tho. Overall playlisting numbers were always much better for ROM, they still are

• paws up 1

Just now, artgagapop said:

while SWU was much lower on the actual chart :nicki_scream:

the kicker is that SWU is getting more streams on Spotify than ROM nowtenor.gif?itemid=18781311