Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

A Popster Is Born 14,791
3 minutes ago, Krazy said:

But I didn't say your opinion, I said mine, thanks. :awkney:

Well, Ms. Krazy, welcome to a forum, a place where if you say your opinion, people have their right to answer with their own one :gaga-thanks:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, danwasd said:

Well, Ms. Krazy, welcome to a forum, a place where if you say your opinion, people have their right to answer with their own one :gaga-thanks:

:billie:

Deactivated 14,311
5 minutes ago, zcasx said:

making my Love Me Right related post of the day

this extended version with a gorgeous saxophone bridge slaps

The version I shared! Slay! 

• yaas, gaga 1

51 minutes ago, thetea said:

If it goes #1 will Tony be the oldest person with a #1 album again? 

Knowing Gaga and her team, they will postpone this album until Adele returns or until it's impossible to reach #1. :awkney:

Popster for Sale 44,722

The thing with Dua is she's risking all this overexposure but the album units don't seem like it's paying off, she hasn't got star power in my opinion. Maybe it's because currently dance-pop music is just not very successful in general outside of singles. 

• paws up 2

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, zcasx said:

The thing with Dua is she's risking all this overexposure but the album units don't seem like it's paying off, she hasn't got star power in my opinion. Maybe it's because currently dance-pop music is just not very successful in general outside of singles. 

Or at all. Everyone is depressed and don’t want dance music whilst stuck at home. 

• paws up 1

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, Krazy said:

+ the underperformance of Reputation and its singles.

So ready to see the GP get tired of seeing Dua's face all over the place :abel_glow:

I would say that Taylor waited a long enough time that overexposure really did not affect Reputation. Reputation's underperformance came from its bad single choices and it being quite weak as an album. LWYMMD's and Reputations debut numbers were huge but they did not have stability, showing that people were willing to give it a chance, but just they weren't so keen to return to it.

If we look at just the amount of time that Taylor was away from public shows that the overexposure had time to settle off. After the Grammys she stopped promoting 1989 which was at the beginning of 2016, released IDWLF at the end of 2016 but did not do extensive promo for it and returned with LWYMMD at the end of August 2017 meaning that people almost had 1.5 years of musical pause from Taylor. 

• paws up 4

4 minutes ago, danwasd said:

But you can say your opinion without quoting me and without problematizing everything I say. Have you ever thought about it? :awkney:

38 minutes ago, little legend said:

they also need to have basic taste and not picking Stupid Love as the next single after the universal acclaimed-timeless classic - song of the decade- taleneted-  aka Miss Shallow

It was a mistake, they should've gone for replay, reception for that song is good

• paws up 3

38 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Seeing a lot of complaints about Ariana announcing the deluxe version of positions literally the day after releasing the vinyl for the original version, and honestly they are right

OMG I said this as soon as she announced it. What kind of idiots announce a vinyl, then announce a deluxe version two days later.  Is she trying to keep it's chart position up by releasing a deluxe vinyl later on or something

8 minutes ago, Krazy said:

Knowing Gaga and her team, they will postpone this album until Adele returns or until it's impossible to reach #1. :awkney:

Probably. They'd better off releasing it in like two or three weeks

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,791
4 minutes ago, Krazy said:

But you can say your opinion without quoting me and without problematizing everything I say. Have you ever thought about it? :awkney:

Don't try to gaslight me, Ms. Krazy. If your starting point was problematic, that's on you, not on me for bringing it up :gaga-thanks:

8 minutes ago, zcasx said:

Levitating was a hit, but it's success was very manufactured. DSN was huge but the GP still don't know her. It's strangemariah-carey-i-dont-know-her-02.gif

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Just now, Herrscher of Reason said:

Maybe scooter is over it and said release it all?:billie:

I think he's trying to make her stay in the top 5 of billboard. They will release the deluxe vinyl then it will stay top 5, and will help the album to sell more. He's a good manager

Just now, danwasd said:

Don't try to gaslight me, Ms. Krazy. If your starting point was problematic, that's on you, not on me for bringing it up :gaga-thanks:

It's not for you to say that what I said was problematic or not, this is a job for the mods, if you didn’t like what I said, report my post to them or block me, but stop doing a show and stop try to act like one of them.

Moderator 3,690
4 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

Overexposure isn't the only thing Dua is risking @Joesuda... all these public outings and appearances- she is a mess.

Yeah, her superspreader vacations are not the best look and even some of the GP is starting to take notice so maybe she should jot it down. 

2 minutes ago, zcasx said:

The thing with Dua is she's risking all this overexposure but the album units don't seem like it's paying off, 

I mean her streaming is formidable so WW it is paying off, with the US it seems to be a different case.

5 minutes ago, zcasx said:

she hasn't got star power in my opinion

I'd say that her teams tactics have been marvellous - to get star power you have to hustle and grind and get yourself out there which Dua has been doing. Gaga would not be who she is now if she had not promoted Fame in Europe and the US as much as she did.

And you have to keep in mind that name-recognition and star-power will stay with Dua for her next albums so it is an investment. Which is probably why the label is so keen to keep her residency at TTHs alive and it will probably pay off for at least 3 follow up albums.

To circle back to Gaga, Chromatica would not have been so successful if she had not worked so much during her previous eras. But I'd say that Dua's risk is that she has been promoting FN for 1 year 3 months now and people are starting to get a little tired so a break would not be a bad idea. 

• paws up 4