Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Popster for Sale 57,442

Wait hold on... 

You’re gonna tell me that I, after a long day in college, will come here to find out THE MUSIC INDUSTRY barely made it to the top 10 biggest albums of the year and was below the tank that Changes was? 

tenor.gif?itemid=15803753

• paws up 1
  • lol 5

Moderator 3,690

To answer my own question then yes, Lana's Chemtrails Over The Country Club leaked. It's the NFR mess over again where it leaked 2 weeks ahead of release, now it was just 10 days before the album release. We like to joke on Gaga's team, but usually full albums don't leak in HQ 2 weeks before the official release. 

• lol 2

Moderator 17,129
4 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

To answer my own question then yes, Lana's Chemtrails Over The Country Club leaked. It's the NFR mess over again where it leaked 2 weeks ahead of release, now it was just 10 days before the album release. We like to joke on Gaga's team, but usually full albums don't leak in HQ 2 weeks before the official release. 

What is it with Interscope artists and such huge gaps in their security :katy:

Moderator 3,690
Just now, Juju said:

What is it with Interscope artists and such huge gaps in their security :katy:

It honestly starts to feel like they are just keeping everything on a Google Drive with link sharing.

• lol 4

Moderator 17,129
Just now, Joesuda said:

It honestly starts to feel like they are just keeping everything on a Google Drive with link sharing.

Or worse, it's just in a dropbox folder where everyone can simply copy it without anyone noticing :billie:

Moderator 3,690
16 minutes ago, Juju said:

Or worse, it's just in a dropbox folder where everyone can simply copy it without anyone noticing :billie:

I once heard a lecture from a person who worked with Disney on Star Wars: The Force Awakens and she told that lots of info - costume measurements, costume pictures, costume drafts, visual art, dialogue and scripts were all just stored in a Google Drive with link sharing so honestly I am starting to believe it is not so unplausible to think that Interscope is doing the same with most of their work. 

Edited by Joesuda
  • paws up 1
  • lol 5

Popster for Sale 57,442

Aren’t Mustin and Lana releasing the same day?

He will surely take the #1 in the US but Lana had a strong debut in the UK with 30k+ and had better peaks overall in Europe so it’s gonna be closer around here 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 14,839
8 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

I once heard a lecture from a person who worked with Disney on Star Wars: The Force Awakens and she told that lots of info - costume measurements, costume pictures, costume drafts, visual art, dialogue and scripts were all just stored in a Google Drive with link sharing so honestly I am starting to believe it is not so unplausible to think that Interface is doing the same with most of their work. 

well, they better leak that ARTPOP Act II link then

7dEOVFj.gif

• yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, Fame Romance said:

Aren’t Mustin and Lana releasing the same day?

He will surely take the #1 in the US but Lana had a strong debut in the UK with 30k+ and had better peaks overall in Europe so it’s gonna be closer around here 

Lana will definitely perform worse with Chemtrails compared to NFR. Lana has spent most of the last year destroying any goodwill she won thanks to NFR with her see-through-mask, pro-police hijinks and Doin' Time was at least moderately well known and made some moves, which can't be said about these pre-release tracks.

Also this album is weaker than NFR/sounds like NFR reheats so the critical reception will be more lukewarm and the release strategy has been dismal. I already forgot she had an album coming out and it seems that Lana herself isn't going to mention it or release any more buzz singles. 

• paws up 1

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, danwasd said:

delete your account, doggo :arguega:

Then I would be extremely similar to Artpop act 2 - deleted. :billie:

But honestly speaking, Artpop is for me Gaga's weakest album and overall I am not that keen on artists revisiting/trying to recreate albums instantly after the albums release as usually the results are weaker and watered down. Artpop on it's own has its faults and its highs, but another album in that vein and with what was going on around Gaga would probably not have been good.  

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 57,442

Spotify March 9th:

The Fame(Monster) : 2,739,906,068 (+2,244,877)
A Star Is Born : 3,449,947,757 (+2,175,094)
Chromatica : 1,435,442,124 (+2,001,042)
Born This Way : 962,120,756 (+746,483)
Joanne : 1,187,151,170 (+457,566)
ARTPOP : 764,010,921 (+317,557)
Cheek to Cheek : 107,960,538 (+38,100)
  • paws up 15

Popstanne 5,698
16 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Spotify March 9th:

The Fame(Monster) : 2,739,906,068 (+2,244,877)
A Star Is Born : 3,449,947,757 (+2,175,094)
Chromatica : 1,435,442,124 (+2,001,042)
Born This Way : 962,120,756 (+746,483)
Joanne : 1,187,151,170 (+457,566)
ARTPOP : 764,010,921 (+317,557)
Cheek to Cheek : 107,960,538 (+38,100)

3 albums above 2M! :dragon:

• yaas, gaga 1