Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

ARTPOPster 2,470
Just now, Twitter said:

Doubt Gaga would do that on Joanneโ€™s birthday.ย :icant:

omg i totally forgot about that. but do we really know? she put a song about masturbation on an album dedicated to healing her father:billie:

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,470
1 minute ago, Twitter said:

Honestly cause Mariahโ€™s music was digestable. Mixed with talent and amazing vocals. Also may add Mariah shown many different sides to her music (genre-wise).ย 

this is the thing that ariana needs to do. mariah did slightly differentย sounds each album but ariana has been doing the same trap, r&bย pop songs which i think the GP will get sick of soon

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,470

why didn't BTW re-chart when the UO vinyl was released?

also when is Joanne supposed to re-chart?

ARTPOPster 2,470

Well based on her career. She always makes Joanneโ€™s birthday and death date special. Remember her first tour kicked off on March 12. Dropping hints to new singles on this day too so idk.

i never noticed this. you can tell that joanne was really special to her, in the fame cd booklet she put a poem joanne made and talks about her too

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,782
7 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Not Nicola styling this shoot... first the Engima wig and now this?

ย  Hide contents

spacer.png

ย 

styling

Xhur9LJ.gif

• lol 2

ARTPOPster 2,470

Agreed. I like Ariana but I wouldย loveย her a lot more if her next album had a new sound. She is very powerful in the industry rn so why not create a shift.ย 

Mariah gave us: R&B, pop, hip-hop, jazz, lofi, soul, funk, and even gospel. Ariana needs to explore and experiment.

this is what i want ariana to do. be more experimental and creative. i really liked her song The Way and i hope she samples old classics in her next album and makes a 90s hip hop type album

A Popster Is Born 14,782
Just now, Delusional said:

Iโ€™d unstyleย him

spacer.png

Very PG of you, Malinda

spacer.png

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,370

The way i thought now i could stream Katy in peace because she was not competition for Gaga anymore :dean_scream:ย time to only listen to daisies from thr CD from now on

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,782
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

The way i thought now i could stream Katy in peace because she was not competition for Gaga anymore :dean_scream:ย time to only listen to daisies from thr CD from now on

Your taste, phew

spacer.png

Pop-a-911-ster 30,370

And since we're talking about Ariana, I dont think the problem is about her sound/gente as much as it is that she went down the quantityย over quality route and it feels like instead of giving us cohesive and well thought bodies of work, she records a bunch of songs and slaps them together. In some way she works in the some way many rappers do. And thats a formula that boosts het on the charts but that made me lose interest in her.

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,370
1 minute ago, Fame Romance said:

Honestly Halo is doing so good both on Spotify and YouTube, itโ€™s the most streamed 2000โ€™s female song on Spotify and 3rd on YouTube behind Bad Romance and You Belong With Me

ryan tedder did THAT

y5fd8CB.gif

Popster for Sale 57,181
Just now, Twitter said:

Us members of the BeyHive know Halo is Beyโ€™s Bad Romance.

spacer.png

Itโ€™s more of her Shallow - a ballad with insane longevity that the GP eats up for years to comeย 

Her Bad Romance would be Single Ladies as itโ€™s a more campy pop song that perfectly encapsulates the Beyoncรฉ signature style

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 477
16 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I know that we are in charts thread but after Katy "Smile" I simply stopped looking at other artists chart success. I never was her fan but this album has some amazing songs. We love to think that top10=great music, if you serve 10-OUT you're thrash but that's just not the tea. If you are a flop it better be with some great music.

It's fun to track stuff tho.ย ย :arguega:

The Fame Popster 477
21 minutes ago, Twitter said:

As much as I love hip-hop. Ariana is one of main artist I want to let go of trap and hip hop. She mastered that withย thank u, nextย and even positions is doing well (but positions made the sound exhausting now).ย 

Agree. It looks to me that she's just trying to be trendy but actually has no passion for this kind of music.ย 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,782
19 minutes ago, Twitter said:

You think Daisies is good?

spacer.png

You think Daisies is bad?

y5fd8CB.gif