Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Popster for Sale 41,791
12 minutes ago, thetea said:

this is a genuine question and can someone answer this: how did mariah carey not get significantly overexposed in the 90s. she literally had at least 1 #1 song each year of the 90s. how did people not get sick of her after the first 3-4 years?

Didnt she use shady tricks for some of the number ones though

Edited by BenG
Wrong quote. Mobile didnt load correctly lol
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,470
1 minute ago, BenG said:

to my knowledge only for ROM with the bundles. i don't really know if she did that kind of thing for her other 4 #1s

Moderator 17,115
1 minute ago, BenG said:

Not really. Maybe a bit of radio payola for BTW but even Shallow was organic and 2018 was basically the start of the fraudulent #1s

Moderator 17,115
1 minute ago, thetea said:

to my knowledge only for ROM with the bundles. i don't really know if she did that kind of thing for her other 4 #1s

And even that had only minimal impact. It was just a bit more than a certain 3K :icant:

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 2,470
Just now, Delusional said:

I’d rather she stayed away from that dodgy platform and then we can all laugh when Beyoncé uploads her whole discography onto Facebook. 

i agree. she should stay away from that mess. anyway it's mostly old people who use facebook and gaga's music doesn't really fit that demographic besides ASIB. i do hope she releases C3C MVs there to go #1

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,470
Just now, Juju said:

And even that had only minimal impact. It was just a bit more than a certain 3K :icant:

omg really? where do we access this information. i thought it was impossible to see the percentage of redeemed bundles?

Popster for Sale 41,791
2 minutes ago, Juju said:

Not really. Maybe a bit of radio payola for BTW but even Shallow was organic and 2018 was basically the start of the fraudulent #1s

Quoted wrong post

Moderator 17,115
Just now, thetea said:

omg really? where do we access this information. i thought it was impossible to see the percentage of redeemed bundles?

We know it wasn't much because a user back then was able to track that through the Gaga merch site. 

Popster to Popster 4,420
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I’d rather she stayed away from that dodgy platform and then we can all laugh when Beyoncé uploads her whole discography onto Facebook. 

only to serve OUT-OUT of course :oops:

• lol 2

Popster for Sale 57,181
2 minutes ago, thetea said:

pretty sure only for ROM

Just now, Juju said:

This, I am the opposite of a cupcake but ROM’s #1 debut was totally organic, it was really close during the week with Savage but she did nothing and let the public decide if the song was the #1 song of the week or not 

• thanks 1

Popster This Way 900

I assume Facebook and Billboard will be able to differentiate between auto plays from ads and how many times a single account watches a certain video.

I hope to god thats the case. It would be a complete and utter mess if it wasnt. :rip:

• paws up 1