Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Cant believe Chromatica is literally out. Deserved so much better 

yeah it deserved better from gagas team, the chart run it had was really good considering the album was just released and then ignored :cm:

Edited by artgagapop
  • paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,833
33 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Defending Gaga is so easy nowadays. Say Chromatica was a cute moment, move on and say she’s still relevant in the worldwide GP eyes and gaining awards, acclaim, and amazing recurrents. Shuts everyone up :icant:

Gaga is not the type of artist that needs charts to stay relevant too, she's far beyond that point in her career. She still has a pretty strong fanbase that looks after her, the GP is very interested in what she does, has acclaim, gets tons of awards, gets big movie roles with A-list actors, gets called up to sing the national anthem in front of a new president of US and even with all of this she still has chart success aswell. Honestly there's nothing to laugh at a career like this, a career that everyone will want to have.

• paws up 7
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 14,837
3 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

Gaga is not the type of artist that needs charts to stay relevant too, she's far beyond that point in her career. She still has a pretty strong fanbase that looks after her, the GP is very interested in what she does, has acclaim, gets tons of awards, gets big movie roles with A-list actors, gets called up to sing the national anthem in front of a new president of US and even with all of this she still has chart success aswell. Honestly there's nothing to laugh at a career like this, a career that everyone will want to have.

That doesn't downplay the fact that she's not bothering to promote her album, tho :whatga:

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 18,439
4 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

Honestly this. This is why I am surprised some of her long time fans still can’t get that and whine about promo this promo that, laugh at whatever her team is doing etc. I get that we’re kinda disappointed in what has happened but she’s not Dua Lipa or Ava Max (no pun intended), she’s so past that constant spamming on social media, tv appearances and being everywhere. She’s done that in 2008-2017.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 18,439
Just now, Delusional said:

I’d agree with this if we didn’t know about her mega promo and touring plans. 

I get it but I’m talking about a situation like exactly how it happened. She wanted to go, she was ready but once everything collapsed, she decided she’s over it. And I get that. At least now because I’ve had my share of meltdowns throughout the year. Lol

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,439
Just now, ViviLittleM said:

lmao ikr they just didn't know what to do with covid but other artists' knew

They did know. Gaga just didn’t want to do it as it was rumored for the last 7 months now. 

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,833
1 minute ago, danwasd said:

That doesn't downplay the fact that she's not bothering to promote her album, tho :whatga:

I'm not saying that this excuses her from promoting her album (It's honestly only the pandemic that made her change her mood) I'm just saying in general that she's no longer that type of artist

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,829

Get with the memo re atrl OGH they're Madonna/Britney and Katy fans. Pick any of their profiles and you won't have to look hard enough to see the signs. Of course they are badly jealous they thought the extent of her career change was going to be AHS and Joanne. Its a never ending nightmare for them to witness this. She's constantly moving forward even when we fans focus on small details like GP not connecting thst much with Chromatica 

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

6 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Honestly this, that is why I am surprised some of her long time fans still can’t get that and whine about promo this promo that, laugh at whatever her team is doing etc. I get that we’re kinda disappointed in what has happened but she’s not Dua Lipa or Ava Max (no pun intended), she’s so past that constant spamming on social media, tv appearances and being everywhere. She’s done that in 2008-2017.

I mean if you started following gaga because you were interested in her music career it is not weird that people are complaining nowadays when she barely mentions her music anymore, she has done like 1 performance per year of her own songs since like 2017 and her team does the bare minimum to get her music out there to the public. It's just really boring to follow her ever since 2017 if you are mainly interested in the music aspect of her and don't care about 100 brand deals or the movies she takes part in. 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 3

Popster to Popster 4,833
7 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Honestly this. This is why I am surprised some of her long time fans still can’t get that and whine about promo this promo that, laugh at whatever her team is doing etc. I get that we’re kinda disappointed in what has happened but she’s not Dua Lipa or Ava Max (no pun intended), she’s so past that constant spamming on social media, tv appearances and being everywhere. She’s done that in 2008-2017.

Yeah, charts obviously has their own roles but they are a lot more important to the new artists especially (like the ones you mentioned there) but if the most interesting thing about an artist is their chart stats then I don't think they will really last or be that remembered, however if you do something with your chart success (like how Gaga did) to elevate your career then It's a different story.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
10 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

lmao ikr they just didn't know what to do with covid but other artists' knew

Or maybe Gaga overall just had a change of heart and felt that if she can't promote her work the way she wanted then she'll just let the music speak for itself more this time while doing some things for her fans (the music videos, the VMA performance, Oreo thing...) this pandemic affects everyone differently. Also Gaga overall just doesn't care that much about the charts like we do.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 18,439
6 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

I mean if you started following gaga because you were interested in her music career it is not weird that people are complaining nowadays when she barely mentions her music anymore, she has done like 1 performance per year of her own songs since like 2017 and her team does the bare minimum to get her music out there to the public. It's just really boring to follow her ever since 2017 if you are mainly interested in the music aspect of her and don't care about 100 brand deals or the movies she takes part in. 

I think that is not entirely correct. It’s just your opinion. People grow up and so did I for example. I started following Gaga back in 2008. We’re in 2021 and I have zero problems with her being the way she is in 2021. It’s growth and approach for me. I just appreciate her. 

I miss the million performances era, something fun to look forward to every other week and then the legendary superbowl to end it. The fact that some people dared to complain about it back then. 

I guess we have streaming numbers now atleast :crying:

• paws up 2