Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Moderator 3,690
Just now, Delusional said:

Has she not grown or changed as a person though? Gaga has done multiple problematic things and she’s obviously changed - why can’t Camila? I’d like to hear your POV in more detail too...

I am sure she has grown and that she is more educated on the topics nowadays. However the fact that she was using racist language/subtext whilst being in a band with a WOC who was being attacked constantly online by racists is not good for optics. When you see a person who you have to be close with deal with drama/pressure/attacks that stem from racist stereotypes, but still are going to perpetuate those racist stereotypes yourself online, then I don't really think that you have truly understood the harm it causes.

This coupled with the fact that Camila's fans attacked Normani with racist language and it took Camila days to defend her band mate. This makes it look like that she was calculating whether to defend her bandmate or to maintain a good relationship with her fans. All of this together makes her actions and words seem more like calculated PR move then true growth, understanding and remorse. 

• paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 28,931
x3

I will need WHOEVER is directing/executing/styling Ava Max's music videos to get FIRED immediately. We are going to pretend the music video released today for MH&MH is just a BUZZ mv! :overit:

PS: I listen to the song on a daily basis hence i was excited for a mv that was up to par to the song. I'd very much like to clarify this before I get WPs... Have a nice day :awkney:

Edited by Hags Labs
  • paws up 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 18,409
Just now, Delusional said:

Yes he is. Period 

v inspired by Madonna Vogue - my favourite of hers (and my fave song)

spacer.png

I’ve seen that My Oh My performance and I liked it but I won’t watch anything with a title Havana by Camila Cabello. I hate that song with passion.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,788
5 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

You really only know two ways of farming RPs, shaming Taylor and showing your cucumber Ms. MANiCURE69 :whatga:

• paws up 3
  • lol 1

Moderator 3,690

As I predicted earlier, miss Olivia has reached the #2 spot on overall radio AI. I hope she can go all the way to the top, but the Rihanna abuser has a large lead. Olivia has room to grow on HAC and AC, but I'm afraid that she will soon reach the ceiling on pop. I guess it will come down to how will Driver's License hold on pop, how fast it will grow on HAC and AC and how fast will Ch**s Br**n fall. 

1 =
Chris Brown & Young Thug - Go Crazy
  1 (x41) 133.04 -0.52            
2 +1
Olivia Rodrigo - drivers license
  2 (x1) 110.05 +1.87            

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,788
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Would y’all rather have Ava x Gaga single on AM2 (every girlies second album smashes) or Ariana x Gaga 2 on AG7/LG7 and it not be a single? 

spacer.png

Ava x Gaga as a droplet spacer.png

• paws up 1

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Would y’all rather have Ava x Gaga single on AM2 (every girlies second album smashes) or Ariana x Gaga 2 on AG7/LG7 and it not be a single? 

spacer.png

Miss Malinda, have you not heard of the sophomore slump?

• shook 1
  • lol 1

Moderator 3,690
12 minutes ago, Delusional said:

The Fame Monster

Teenage Dream

Fearless

... if you have a clear cut vision and amazing promo you can easily avoid the S.S

spacer.png

I was more referring to the fact that you said every second album smashes. Some have failed more or less either commercially or critically or both (Meghan Trainor, Lana, HAIM, Halsey even). Hence it is not so clear that every second album smashes.

Also Ava serves cute bops, but she is not a visionary and I'm not sure how her second album will go. It seems that she is building momentum and her celebrity, but if she keeps redoing the same stuff over and over then she can fall just as quick.

Edited by Joesuda