Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, little legend said:

So did i understand right? Prisoner's streaming and sales . are now counting for Future Nostalgia and not for Plastic Hearts in which it was originally?

I can't at Dua's tactics :nicki_scream: The way ste literally stole the song from Miley's album :bradley:

Yes. If a song is on multiple albums then the units from that song go to the album that has more activity overall. When Senorita was both on Shawn's and Camila's albums then the albums kept yo-yo-ing because of which album got Senorita's units. 

• shook 1

A Popster Is Born 11,843
32 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

Dua is stealing Miley's SPS for Prisoner due to FN's re-release ezgif-com-gif-maker-4.gif

Plastic Hearts tanking because of it ezgif-com-gif-maker-4.gif

This rule is so weird to me. Wouldnt it make more sense to count half of its chart points to both albums?

Edited by Doncho

Pop-a-911-ster 30,381
Just now, Doncho said:

This rule is so weird to me. Would it make more sense to count half of its chart points to both albums?

I guess they do it this way to avoid one song's points having to be split between the studio album it's in, that artists's greatest hits compilation and a dozen of random hits of X year/decade compilations the song is in. But there could've been better solutions.

42 minutes ago, Mary Jane Holland said:

@Ms I am a local are you tracking this sound? https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSJdN4oc3/ Does it have any potential to go viral?

Yep, that is the one I was tracking just a few pages ago. It can go viral yeah. The thing is, for it to have some kind of impact on PF's streams, it needs more videos. It's not that I'm an expert or sumn :billie: but from what I've been tracking in the past, specially Judas, it would need much more than +25k videos in a day. Judas had simultaneous sounds going viral whereas now we only have 1 (same situation with JD happened just a while back).

For example, it received +5k videos in just 2 hours. Those are Judas numbers, but Judas had 4 or 5 sounds with similar updates to this one simultaneously. We'll have to see in a few days to see how the trend evolves, it's very unpredictable, specially what happened to JD (good numbers, but the trend died pretty quickly).

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,642
28 minutes ago, little legend said:

So did i understand right? Prisoner's streaming and sales . are now counting for Future Nostalgia and not for Plastic Hearts in which it was originally?

I can't at Dua's tactics :nicki_scream: The way ste literally stole the song from Miley's album :bradley:

It blows my mind that this is allowed. 

I guess the most important factor when it comes to TikTok trends is not the amount of videos per day (tho it needs to be high to have an impact on streams), the trend needs longevity, otherwise, if the streams went up a bit, they will quickly fall back to where they were. At least that's what I've been able to see.

Tho, we have to be grateful Gaga is having trends on TikTok. That means that people, specially the younger population, have not forgotten her, they have her in mind. They probably will listen (or at least give a chance) to new Gaga material in the future :ohhh:

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • paws up 1