Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Moderator 17,126
Just now, Delusional said:

Isn’t NBNC about thinking someone did something wrong then finding out someone else did it, and the cycle continues over and over again with the suspect changing each time? And I always thought Taylor was the murderer anyway

3 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

Isn't music taste and preferences opinion though. Here you are acting as if your opinion equals facts, but it is still an opinion - even if it is based on some facts. The song concludes with Taylor allegedly murdering the cheating husband and framing her mistress. 

That's the thing. A murder ballad has an actual murderer. Only a body and nothing else is not a murder ballad. NBNC is the latter, there was someone murdered but nothing is stated in the text who it is ergo not a murder ballad.

Spoiler

Here's an example of a country murder ballad:

17 hours ago, Ms I am a local said:

Wtf is this sh!t :dead:?

n e ways, it currently has 81,9k, good number. Let’s see how it evolves!

Poker Face ordering Streaming Elixir 1x in Amazon God Edition :dragon:

17 hours update

VS Poker Face - 106,5k (+25k)

Well, it's a good update! Let's celebrate that!

Maybe we have a mini Judas on the making... Again!!

Spoiler

Ms TikTok Updates here we gooo!!!

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 3,690
4 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

That's the thing. A murder ballad has an actual murderer. Only a body and nothing else is not a murder ballad. NBNC is the latter, there was someone murdered but nothing is stated in the text who it is ergo not a murder ballad.

I mean in NBNC it is both heavily implied that Este was murdered by her husband and the husband was murdered by Taylor - before she goes missing she expresses marital problems, she goes missing, his husband has switched up his tires, his mistress moves in. The husbands murder is even more heavily implied at - refrences of crime scene cleaning, getting rid of the body with a boat, faking an alibi with Este's sister with even some implied framing with the mistress taking out a life insurance policy. This all ends with pretty much a confession - "I wasn't lettin' up until the day he died". To claim there is no murder is a little reaching in my opinion. 

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 30,381
11 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Nice to see the song Telepatía growing on the global and US Spotify charts, I discovered yesterday when Andreu posted it here and it’s really a good song

Do you know why it’s blowing up so much apart from the fact that it was put on TTH @Andreu?

apparently it went viral on Tik tok

Moderator 17,126
Just now, Joesuda said:

I mean in NBNC it is both heavily implied that Este was murdered by her husband and the husband was murdered by Taylor - before she goes missing she expresses marital problems, she goes missing, his husband has switched up his tires, his mistress moves in. The husbands murder is even more heavily implied at - refrences of crime scene cleaning, getting rid of the body with a boat, faking an alibi with Este's sister with even some implied framing with the mistress taking out a life insurance policy. This all ends with pretty much a confession - "I wasn't lettin' up until the day he died". To claim there is no murder is a little reaching in my opinion. 

That's not what I said.

"NBNC is the latter, there was someone murdered"

"but nothing is stated in the text who it is"

Pop-a-911-ster 39,324
12 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Never would’ve expected a positive comment about Taylor from me for once to generate drags :icant:

Just call out her performing skills and you’ll get a bunch of likes and people agreeing with you

veronica mars wink GIF

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,822

Re Chromatica... Yes I don't think it was ever going to be a GP darling, the way it couldn't even stay top 30 for 10 weeks was not the tea promo or not and ROM should've been received better as it was in UK/Canada. 

BUT.. I'd love to see other eras with the horrible non existent rollout, 2 singles only, and the release week Chromatica came out on.

All other albums are getting add ons, multiple singles, heavy TTH support. So for Chromatica to be able to eventually pull over 2.5m WW sales like this on top of a horrible climate that's not bad if we don't solely look at the numbers and add some context. 

Pop-a-911-ster 28,950
x3

Can't wait Gaga to perform Shallow and Bad Romance at the Olympic Games in LA 2028.

Bad Romance coming to make a new deserved peak at #1 on BB100 and Shallow coming for new peak at #1 on Billboard Global charts

:oscar:

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 11,571
33 minutes ago, Grasim said:

Global Spotify;

#83(+2) shallow (1,002,386)

#152(+16) rain on me (777,428)

The way Shallord stabilized again around 1M during the week :oscar:

Lemme stream the good sis a few times today to celebrate :queen:

• yaas, gaga 3

Pop-a-911-ster 28,950
x3
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Ma there is a strong possibility for her to perform in Tokyo or Paris considering how hard both of those countries stan and in general how much the globe stans 

YAS! She even performed on her worst market (:katy:) aka Azerbaijan , so if we take into account how global she is and how loved she is in both France and Japan , she could easily perform there :oscar:

Edited by little legend
  • yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Ma there is a strong possibility for her to perform in Tokyo or Paris considering how hard both of those countries stan and in general how much the globe stans 

Actually I doubt it. Countries use to opening ceremonies to showcase their culture and symbols, henceworth local artists usually perform and the show is centered around the host countries artists, not foreign artists. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,950
x3
1 minute ago, Joesuda said:

Actually I doubt it. Countries use to opening ceremonies to showcase their culture and symbols, henceworth local artists usually perform and the show is centered around the host countries artists, not foreign artists. 

Mostly yes , but a lot of times they invite an international superstar to bring even more attention . For example at the Olympic Games in 2004 , in my country, we invited Bjork at the opening ceremony ::-O:

• paws up 1

Moderator 3,690
Just now, Delusional said:

I also thought this but it’s Gaga we are talking about here. As little legend pointed out, she performed in her worst market Azerbaijan and had the whole stadium roaring in applause :billiecat: It’s possible. 

In Azerbaijan she performed at the European Games - a sporting event that was made up recently and actually did not have many elite athletes and does not have the same prestige so the comparison is not so apt. 

A Popster Is Born 18,409
46 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

Isn't music taste and preferences opinion though. Here you are acting as if your opinion equals facts, but it is still an opinion - even if it is based on some facts. The song concludes with Taylor allegedly murdering the cheating husband and framing her mistress. 

Basically this.