Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

20 hours ago, Delusional said:

WAP - 3x Platinum (eligibleย for 6-7x)

this song was such a monstrous hit. i wouldn't be surprised if it's diamond eligible by next year:oscar:

• yaas, gaga 1

3 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

Shallow is probably eligible for 6x-7x platinum in the US. Should be eligible for 8x Platinum by it's third Birthday and Diamond by it's 4th bday!

:oscar:

queen of diamond songs:oscar:

7 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Chromatica, ASIB and The Fame are all charting together again

is it the 24 track version of the fame with TFM or just the 15 track The Fame?

Pop-a-911-ster 30,366
14 minutes ago, thetea said:

is it the 24 track version of the fame with TFM or just the 15 track The Fame?

Billboard counts the 24 track TFM as The Fame. The only (BB, not RIAA) units for The Fame Mosnter would physical or digital sales of the EP only version of TFM

• thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Tanked

The fact Spotify is slowly becoming everywhere doesn't mean it'll be used everywhere

that's terrible. the most streamed song only got 7000 streams:icant:ย they still have time to grow but they haven't incentivised people to join spotify

The Fame Popster 333
On 2/21/2021 at 1:57 PM, Applause said:

just because it wasn't single in US doesn't mean it wasn't elsewhere. Most of European countries don'tย have impact date but I believe it was single in most of Europe

ย 

On 2/21/2021 at 2:48 PM, Andreu said:

This

I said it a million times already (because this topic gets broughtย every two days, probably) but ARUTW was not only playlisted byย my local radio, but reached the top10 of their chart.

The definition of a โ€œsingleโ€ needs to be updated to reflect modern consumptionย then. Since songs are available on streaming upon the release of an album, theย indicators now are: 1. Announcement,ย 2. Visuals, 3.ย Radio, 4.ย Playlists, 5.ย Physicals,ย 6.ย Promo.

ARUTW was sent to Radio in a few markets, but songs can be playlisted without an official โ€œaddโ€ (label promo), no?ย I imagine it received a lot of airplay based solely onย interest post-Oscars Interscopeย ignored. Regardless, you canโ€™t deny (the general โ€œyouโ€) the impact ofย a full WW rollout;

1. Announcement = None (vs. pressย /ย social media the week Shallow went #1 in US)
2. Art/Visuals = No official art; movieย scenes used as MV
3. Radio = UK,ย FRA (Novย vs. March with WWย momentum)
4. Playlists = Minimalย after OST releaseย in Octย (vs. added to NMF /ย TTH in March)
5. Physicalsย = None (huge market for LG fans and film buffs to purchase vinyls, merch, etc. missed)
6. Performances = 0 (vs. Grammys, BBMAs, Apollo, Enigma)

ASIB onlyย received 2 major performances - Grammysย and Oscars;ย thankfully the latter happened or Shallow wouldโ€™ve peaked #5 in the US. Grammysย was lameย and shouldโ€™ve been ARUTW /ย medley toย kick-start a 2020ย campaign.

With PR,ย release,ย Radioย in March, minimal AIย wouldโ€™ve given itย a Top 10 residency all summer.ย Its recurrent streams are great;ย that a clear shot at her firstย WW solo smash hit inย 6 years was ignored isย a reminder why we shouldnโ€™t get our hopes up / might be bitter at times.ย 

Back to beating theseย long-dead horsesย until the next EOG, DWUW, ARUTW, SC messย I suppose.

• paws up 4

Popster for Sale 41,790
21 minutes ago, thetea said:

that's terrible. the most streamed song only got 7000 streams:icant:ย they still have time to grow but they haven't incentivised people to join spotify

Spotify is too late to the market. It's already super crowded there.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,835
1 hour ago, Andreu said:

Tanked

The fact Spotify is slowly becoming everywhere doesn't mean it'll be used everywhere

Philippines is still the biggest Spotify Market in Asia webeenknewย :queen:

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 16,835
Chart (2020) Position
Australia (ARIA)[232] 61
Denmark (Tracklisten)[233] 62
France (SNEP)[234] 103
Hungary (Single Top 40)[235] 29
Iceland (Plรถtutรญรฐindi)[236] 39
Italy (FIMI)[237] 99
Slovenia (SloTop50)[238] 32
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[239] 72
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[240] 24
UK Singles (OCC)[241] 65

Shallow's 3rd YE Chart.. i think PERFECT is the only other song (not sure tho) that made it this much in year 3