Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

A Popster Is Born 16,835
13 hours ago, Delusional said:

My issue with Positions is the lack of melodies 

I’ve listened to safety net 40 times and still can’t remember one lyric apart from “tripping falling with no safety net”

13 hours ago, ViviLittleM said:

Why Ari last three albums feel like the songs all sound the same chile i'm tired

same thing with folklore and evermore..

no melodies at all

:icant:

• paws up 2
  • lol 1

14 hours ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Honestly I think talking about and singing like you just lost the love of your life and the person that you’ve been married to for years and years when while in the same song talking about how you just got your drivers license is a TAD over dramatic 

Girl you’re in your teens. There’s still so much love to be had, stop the dramatics about losing one freaking boy :rip:

again just my opinion, and clearly people don’t agree cause the song is massive. But the song screams “over dramatic teenager trying to be emotional” vibes 

Edit: barely three paragraphs and y’all call it an essay, did y’all ever go to school :rip: if this is your idea of an essay....:mess:

you don’t remember how bad your first real heartbreak felt?

and how you felt your whole world crumbling, she’s just someone who chose to channel that into a song,

which people of all ages seem to resonate with. 

• paws up 5

Popster for Sale 44,664
5 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:

The average daily streams for "You and I" in Febuary for the past years (Spotify).

Feb. 2019: +67.908

Feb. 2020: +62.919 [-7%]

Feb. 2021: +49.950 [-21%]

sad

It deserves so much better

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,664

Kworb Youtube

140 =  Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper - Shallow (from A Star Is Born) (Official Music Video) 913,555   

248 +40 Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper - Shallow (From A Star Is Born/Live From The Oscars) 710,377 

307 -30 Lady Gaga - Bad Romance (Official Music Video) 626,528

451 +10 Lady Gaga - Poker Face (Official Music Video) 501,655    

Edited by ChromaticaOreos
  • paws up 3

Popster for Sale 44,664

Does anyone else think Youtube as an algorithm that heavily favours videos that already have massive views?

I think that's why old classics are getting more views than current hits - much unlike other streaming platforms such as Spotify. 

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,664
2 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:

The average daily streams for "Marry The Night" in Febuary for the past years (Spotify).

Feb. 2019: +38.200

Feb. 2020: +35.892 [-6%]

Feb. 2021: +34.783 [-3%]

These posts you've been making are amazing. Are you thinking of compiling them in a post after you go through all of the singles? I think that would be very interesting and usefull.

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 3,690
2 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

Does anyone else think Youtube as an algorithm that heavily favours videos that already have massive views?

I think that's why old classics are getting more views than current hits - much unlike other streaming platforms such as Spotify. 

Yeah, wasn't this confirmed by La Rosalia at K*r*llD**ly. Youtube algorithm promotes/pushes songs that have gotten a lot of streams previously. Everytime they update/refresh the algorithm, a lot of old songs get a boost for a few days - that's how miss Katy Perry has her old hits still do big numbers whilst her newer songs are barely scraping by.

• paws up 1