Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Pop-a-911-ster 39,409
Just now, Twitter said:

Agreed but the people don’t see that.

spacer.png

Literally listened to it once, sounded like a Lorde wannabe, all it made me do was go back and stream the rightful AOTY winner Melodrama 

Scarlett Johansson GIF by NETFLIX

• thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,409
11 minutes ago, donatellab said:

Driver’s License is a beautiful song and a lot of people can resonate with the lyrics. 

Honestly I think talking about and singing like you just lost the love of your life and the person that you’ve been married to for years and years when while in the same song talking about how you just got your drivers license is a TAD over dramatic 

Girl you’re in your teens. There’s still so much love to be had, stop the dramatics about losing one freaking boy :rip:

again just my opinion, and clearly people don’t agree cause the song is massive. But the song screams “over dramatic teenager trying to be emotional” vibes 

Edit: barely three paragraphs and y’all call it an essay, did y’all ever go to school :rip: if this is your idea of an essay....:mess:

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 30,387
Just now, Delusional said:

Just say your pressed a self written song written on a whim and basically leaked is outselling and outstreaming your other faves songs and go

spacer.png

I don't agree with the essays but you know damn well this is not the reason

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 57,433

Af first I agreed with y’all dragging the new queen of pop but after a few listens I saw the light 

RWLeZU2.gif

I agree the theme/production of the song is not groundbreaking and cliché but what stands out is her voice, she’s like Taylor Swift in her teens but with an actual vocal talent 

RWLeZU2.gif

• paws up 2
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 14,833
19 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Unpopular Opinion: “drivers license” is completely overrated :icant: why this song gets so much damn praise is beyond me, another heartbreak anthem by an angsty teenager, BORING 

In before the GRAMMYs treat it like it’s absolutely groundbreaking never before done song that dominates the award show 

To be fair, DL is shaping to be (if not now) one of the songs of the year, it's nothing but fair to award the song, unless the SCAMMYs want another Weeknd situation :lesson:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,409

Y’all already comparing her to TAYLOR SWIFT, y’all have some BIG expectations wow....OMFG :icant: where is The Archer when you need them

Edit: also I love how I always start controversial topics that take pages and pages to eventually die out, first Taylor’s p*ss poor performing skills and now this 

madonna look it up GIF

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,387
4 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Y’all already comparing her to TAYLOR SWIFT, y’all have some BIG expectations wow 

OMFG :icant: where is The Archer when you need them send help 

well, you can't compare the artists but you can compare the songs, and DL's style is really similar to many TS's songs, both musiclaly and lyrically.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,409
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Idek why people think the production isn’t groundbreaking. It’s literally breaking the barrier between alt and pop. For once the GP is listening because it’s a beautiful self written song and from a beautiful artist - not because the production is “weird” or “quirky” like Billie. 

Delusional I love you but NOTHING about the songs production is groundbreaking, much less breaking some unknown barrier between the worlds of pop and alt

like come on, I know you love it but damn :rip:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,409
2 minutes ago, Miaou said:

Call me when a new artist will serve an innovative song ala Poker Face :cm:

Poker Face, Bad Romance, Shallow...

imagine being THE MIND that created those timeless classics that will go down in history as some of the biggest songs in the entire world :rip:

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,409
1 minute ago, Twitter said:

Its cool let them have their moment. We’ll return when her next single/album drops.

Olivia’s Debut Album:

1. mask
  2. permit
  3. red light
  4. driver’s license
  5. crossing guard
  6. interstate 5
  7. lunchbox
  8. clean
  9. xoxo

a concept :billie:

Yes all lowercase too, just to be extra “alt” :icant:

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,409
Just now, Roman said:

Now THAT was a fun day in this thread. 
spacer.png

YES! I’m glad you remember, think it’s one of my most liked comments ever, looks like taking shots at DL is gonna help me reach POPSTANNE

As I should

Justin Bieber Wine GIF by Ariana Grande

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1