Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Moderator 3,690
5 hours ago, Delusional said:

Katy Kats have reached new levels of Delusion. “IKAG is one of the songs that started the pro LGBTQ song theme in mainstream music”

Her lead single literally had the words “hang yourself with that H&M scarf”

Also saying that IKAG is the starter of the pro LGBTQ songs is in itself problematic. IKAG kind of caters to the (straight) male fantasy of her gf kissing other girls. Katy herself is not a part of the LGBTQ+ community so it kind of seems using lesbianism as a controversy generator/descriptor whilst not herself actually being in the community. 

Edited by Joesuda
  • paws up 8
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,387
15 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

The fact that K&Q would've been a top 10 hit with these points :bradley:

Hide contents

Kings & Queens would have gone top10 if it peaked on radio lany other week that was not Christmas, like it happened

The Fame Popster 401
7 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Katy Kats have reached new levels of Delusion. “IKAG is one of the songs that started the pro LGBTQ song theme in mainstream music”

Her lead single literally had the words “hang yourself with that H&M scarf”

Wait, do Katy fans pretend IKAG was her debut single and not Ur So Gay? 

• thanks 2

Moderator 3,690
4 minutes ago, blue said:

Wait, do Katy fans pretend IKAG was her debut single and not Ur So Gay? 

Ur So Gay was released as a buzz song, but it was not the lead single. 

A Popster Is Born 12,829
20 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

Also saying that IKAG is the starter of the pro LGBTQ songs is in itself problematic. IKAG kind of caters to the (straight) male fantary of her gf being kissing other girls. Katy herself is not a part of the LGBTQ+ community so it kind of seems using lesbianism as a controversy generator/descriptor whilst not herself actually being in the community. 

our fave always knew she was that girl and thats why they never were close... all T, Katy was always mean and uncaring about how she got to the top.

• thanks 3
  • lol 1

The Fame Popster 401
6 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

Ur So Gay was released as a buzz song, but it was not the lead single. 

Not according to 13 year old me!

I knew that before I wrote my original comment of course lol but honestly, it's hard to argue she had the most impactful debut single when USG was not even a single and just as memorable (which is to say, memorable only because it is a case study in katy's inappropriate sense of humor)... I rest my case!!!

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 22,793
47 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

Also saying that IKAG is the starter of the pro LGBTQ songs is in itself problematic. IKAG kind of caters to the (straight) male fantary of her gf being kissing other girls. Katy herself is not a part of the LGBTQ+ community so it kind of seems using lesbianism as a controversy generator/descriptor whilst not herself actually being in the community. 

This 100%. She even says in the song that "I kissed a girl just to try it, I hope my boyfriend don’t mind it", and other lyrics are hinting that it was a drunken experiment. It’s problematic to say that it was the start of the movement, when it literally isn’t about the community. 

• paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 22,793
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

I didn’t even know ARTPOP re-entered on the BB200 after the Super Bowl. Imagine if she performed Applause :sleepydog:

I’m still lowkey sad that she didn’t perform PI, it would’ve been a great energetic part of the performance and would’ve given it a huge boost

• thanks 1

Moderator 3,690

Also Re Taylor at GMA, I've seen chatter online that Love Story will come this friday, but she will also announce that she has rerecorded 26 songs. So maybe she is doing her singles rerecorded as a Greatest Hits Compilation album. 

• yaas, gaga 2