Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Moderator 17,129
Just now, Delusional said:

I’m not complaining that people are dragging her I’m just defending her. If I was complaining I’d be doing that in the report button, it’s a harmless discussion. 

spacer.png

Let's hope so but it sometimes seems you're getting a bit too personal in such discussions.

• thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 10,029
1 minute ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

No I was just saying that because I don’t think Taylor adds absolutely anything to stage show that many other popstars couldn’t. She’s pretty mediocre dancing wise and again, her stage presence leaves a lot to be desired.

Winking and smiling and looking like a pin up doll which is basically I remember from her reputation tour video is not “performing” IN MY OPINION much less adding anything interesting or new. She’s bland.

again, songwriting is incredible. Performing...very blah 

I actually found her pretty approved and better than some of her peers like Ariana in terms of performing, Taylor somehow still owns the stage when she's on it... she's not the best but she commands it anyhow

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,284
14 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

That was last week, this week it'll enter the top 100 upon its 5th anniversary :rat:

Only making Chromatica's tanking look worse 

kellyclarkson.thumb.gif.f7abb83bdb4b6d4e

do we have sales numbers for chromatica too?

Pop-a-911-ster 39,359
Just now, chartgaga said:

I actually found her pretty approved and better than some of her peers like Ariana in terms of performing, Taylor somehow still owns the stage when she's on it... she's not the best but she commands it anyhow

Taylor definitely IMPROVED since say 2010, definitely, I just don’t consider her up there in the higher echelons of performance skills.

but yes, she has definitely improved. Much in the same way that Dua had TERRIBLE stage presence and now is much better. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,820
3 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

Ariana's stage presence is much better than Taylor's one, tho, imo :whatga:

i.e., any Side to Side or 7 Rings performance stomps on anything I've seen from Ms. TayTay 

Edited by danwasd
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Moderator 3,690
21 minutes ago, Miaou said:

I love her but Taylor has no charisma’s stage presence 

Let me respectfully disagree. Quantifying stage presence is not something that can be easily done, but if to try to do it then maybe touring gross or tour reviews would be the way to do it. Taylor has the tour gross to show it and if you read her tour reviews then you can also see that those people do in fact say that she has stage presence and she can fill the stadium with just her and guitar if need be. However you are entitled to your own opinion xx

Also the SB is generally a spectacle and a woman who had 50 feet blow up snake on her tour is able to provide that. 

11 minutes ago, Paradise is in my hands said:

It started because Vivi called ROM overrated on me. It goes both ways.

Where did I mention you personally that you feel the need to personally quote me - if you see yourself in it then maybe the shoe fits. But generally I was referencing the no performance at Super Bowl tweet and previous posters over the previous few months. Entela and their 4 dupes were probably a part of them, but there have been others. And the trend in general to push down other females to prep Gaga up has also been here so my overall point stands. 

Vivi could have expressed their opinion in a more nuanced way, but Vivi has been more of a fan of ASIB type of songs so yeah.

Overall I am not going to touch this topic more, but this forum has no character limit so maybe we should learn to express our opinions in a more nuanced way and refrain from Stan Twitter type of Our Fave is the best, your fave sucks type of posts. 

• paws up 2
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 10,029
2 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Taylor definitely IMPROVED since say 2010, definitely, I just don’t consider her up there in the higher echelons of performance skills.

but yes, she has definitely improved. Much in the same way that Dua had TERRIBLE stage presence and now is much better. 

I don't find any of the current pop girls that good performance wise tbh, it's all hit or miss lately... I guess Taylor shines more when it comes to acoustic... I miss when they used to put effort into the performances... like even the VMAs was a bit messy in terms of execution... I feel like no artists latety is putting the energy let's say Gaga was putting back in her early days

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,359

OMG WE CANNOT USE TOUR GROSS TO MEASURE PERFORMANCE SKILL LOL, THAT I WILL NOT AGREE WITH

that measures how large a fanbase is not your performing skills, plenty of shitty performers have high tour grosses. Let’s not act like Katy Perry is an incredible performer but that hasn’t stopped some of her tours grossing millions and millions of dollars 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • thanks 2
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 14,820
Just now, chartgaga said:

I feel like no artists latety is putting the energy let's say Gaga was putting back in her early days

Not ever her, yep :creepin:

A Popster Is Born 10,029
3 minutes ago, danwasd said:

Ariana's stage presence is much better than Taylor's one, tho, imo :whatga:

i.e., any Side to Side or 7 Rings performance stomps on anything I've seen from Ms. TayTay 

I've seen sweetener tour and that was not sweet at all, she basically closed her eyes the whole time

Pop-a-911-ster 31,850
1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

Let's just end the discussion here. We have understood both sides and we don't need more escalation right now :stopga:

go back to watch ARTE :creepin::creepin::creepin:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 14,820
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

I’d disagree with Side To Side stomping on anything by Taylor - simply because of that VMAs performance and how out of breath she is with literally working out during the choreo. In general - 2014-2018 was genuinely an awful time for award show performances by MPG’s. Nothing new at all. Once Gaga toned it down at them it’s like everyone else was like “well, no one else left to upstage” and the bar was dropped.

I'm talking about stage presence, not overall performance bestie :gaga-thanks:

Moderator 6,288
3 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

I feel like no artists latety is putting the energy let's say Gaga was putting back in her early days

Beyonce never really let up performance wise tho.