Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Pop-a-911-ster 39,339
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

You act as if Vivien didn’t speak facts 

spacer.png

People earlier here said it’s gonna be one of her most forgotten hits, how exactly is it overrated? By whom exactly? Clearly not this base LOL 

people here have INCREDIBLY brutal short term memory loss LOL 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,828

To celebrate the 5th anniversary of Rihanna's ANTI, her label Roc Nation has provided updated sales of the album & singles/tracks:

ANTI - 11 million

Work - 32.5 million

Needed Me - 17 million

Love On The Brain - 15 million

Kiss It Better - 5.5 million

Sex With Me - 4.5 million

Desperado - 3.5 million

the inflated sales chile :whatga:

• lol 3

Popster for Sale 57,264
1 minute ago, Miaou said:

Billboard 200

#109 [+8] ANTI | 8,500 units (3,667,000 total) [253 weeks]

:dead:

That was last week, this week it'll enter the top 100 upon its 5th anniversary :rat:

Only making Chromatica's tanking look worse 

kellyclarkson.thumb.gif.f7abb83bdb4b6d4e

• shook 1

Popster This Way 900

I'm reading criticism about how Gaga's super bowl performance was too "conventional". But do people not remember how shaky Gaga's career was in 2017. She had barely pulled herself off the ledge with Joanne. If she went out there and weirded out America(again), she might not have had the career revival that came after. After her Super Bowl performance + the Oscars medley, the press and the GP finally recognized Gaga for the incredibly talented individual she is.

• paws up 7

Pop-a-911-ster 39,339
3 minutes ago, Herrscher of Reason said:

Considering how often Monsters switch this isn’t something that’s easy to answer.  
spacer.png

That’s the issue LOL. When we want ROM to be iconic it’s all like “omg Ari and Gaga so Italian and iconic pop culture 2020 omg” but then when people are p*ssed at Gaga and just wanna complain and switch it’s all like “omg so overrated not iconic literally at all, like who even thought this”

I wanna say to these people “ummm you 3 minutes ago Jan...and I could go find the tweet to prove it if I cared enough to do that LOL”

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,828
5 minutes ago, SLAG said:

She doesn't? :ohhh:

she has good songs but her stage presence is not my cup of tea lol 

Edited by Miaou
  • paws up 2
  • lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,339

Hot take: Taylor’s version of “performing” in most instances that I’ve seen is her just smiling at the camera, winking a lot, running her hands through her hair and maybe shaking her a** a little bit so it looks like dancing...yeah she has incredible stages and production causes that’s what money can buy but let’s not act like Taylor is changing the game performance wise lol. Let’s get f-ing real 

edit: BEAUTIFUL songwriting but come on guys :eyega: let’s not even begin to put her in the same tier as people like Beyoncé and Gaga, those are PERFORMERS. Taylor plays the role of a pop star on stage well enough but that’s about it

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 11
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 14,812
Just now, MANiCURE1295 said:

Hot take: Taylor’s version of “performing” in most instances that I’ve seen is her just smiling at the camera, winking a lot, running her hands through her hair and maybe shaking her a** a little bit so it looks like dancing...yeah she has incredible stages and production causes that’s what money can buy but let’s not act like Taylor is changing the game performance wise lol. Let’s get f-ing real 

edit: BEAUTIFUL songwriting but come on guys :eyega:

I think this is the point. The production (esp. in the reputation era) is 10/10 but her stage presence is both lacking and too stiff-y, if that makes sense :arguega:

• thanks 2

Popster for Sale 57,264
3 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

edit: BEAUTIFUL songwriting but come on guys :eyega:

1 minute ago, danwasd said:

I think this is the point. The production (esp. in the reputation era) is 10/10 but her stage presence is both lacking and too stiff-y, if that makes sense :arguega:

This is the spillage that needed to come straight from the Fuji mountains :oscar:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 3

Pop-a-911-ster 39,339
Just now, Delusional said:

The show is built around HER. So everything runs smoothly while she is doing her thing. She’s not the best dancer. That’s literally the subject of her hit 2014 no.1 single :oscar:

Was anyone saying Taylor is changing the performances game?

No I was just saying that because I don’t think Taylor adds absolutely anything to stage show that many other popstars couldn’t. She’s pretty mediocre dancing wise and again, her stage presence leaves a lot to be desired.

Winking and smiling and looking like a pin up doll which is basically I remember from her reputation tour video is not “performing” IN MY OPINION much less adding anything interesting or new. She’s bland.

again, songwriting is incredible. Performing...very blah 

• paws up 3