Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Moderator 17,112
1 hour ago, thetea said:

Yes. Auckland makes up 33% of the New Zealand population so it was hit pretty hard. It was also the city that had a entire. family randomly get COVID and force us in Auckland back into lockdown. Auckland and Wellington are the most densely populated so they were hit the worst, but everythings back to normal!

And yet, in Saxony the three biggest cities all did way better than the countryside in terms of infections and deaths to covid. Actually that's a pattern for the entire east of Germany where big cities all had less infections and deaths that more rural parts of the country. 

Spoiler

Some statistics for ya (all per 100K inhabitants):

Deaths in the three biggest cities: Leipzig (56,5), Dresden (138,1), Chemnitz (142,4)

Highest deathrates per county in Saxony: Görlitz (322,5), Sächsische Schweiz-Osterzgebirge (304,1), Zwickau (245,6), Vogtlandkreis (213,3), Meißen (210,2)

The counties with the highest deathrates are all rural counties while the biggest city in  Saxony (Leipzig) did by far the best out of every county in Saxony.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,372
4 hours ago, Grasim said:

the nerve I am screaming :mess:

OT: The weeknd did a great job: He performed a lot of songs instead of making them in full (something I prefer honestly) and the transitions between songs were amazing. IMO, he has had much better days vocally, but it was not bad at all, and during BL he shined a lot (I guess it was live unless most superbowl performances). Visually it was what I expected, very on brand for me, but that's an aesthetic I am not a fan of. His strongest point is his amazing catalog full of hits, diversity and amazing songs, and he showcased that perfectly in her performance.

• paws up 2

Deactivated 14,311
22 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I wished she sang Call Out My Name (and not only used as an intro) tho :bradley: I would've swapped it with Earned it 

I would’ve swapped it with Stargirl interlude feat Lana Del Rey.

47 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

And yet, in Saxony the three biggest cities all did way better than the countryside in terms of infections and deaths to covid. Actually that's a pattern for the entire east of Germany where big cities all had less infections and deaths that more rural parts of the country. 

Hide contents

Some statistics for ya (all per 100K inhabitants):

Deaths in the three biggest cities: Leipzig (56,5), Dresden (138,1), Chemnitz (142,4)

Highest deathrates per county in Saxony: Görlitz (322,5), Sächsische Schweiz-Osterzgebirge (304,1), Zwickau (245,6), Vogtlandkreis (213,3), Meißen (210,2)

The counties with the highest deathrates are all rural counties while the biggest city in  Saxony (Leipzig) did by far the best out of every county in Saxony.

is it because the country people thought that they had no chance of catching COVID because they live rurally?

Moderator 17,112
Just now, thetea said:

is it because the country people thought that they had no chance of catching COVID because they live rurally?

We don't know. It's just a trend across the entire state. Some suspect that regions that vote for a certain far-right party are hit more (it kind of lines up) or that regions that haven't been hit in the first wave got hit badly in the second wave (also mostly true).

Spoiler

My preference is the first theory though (red = Corona cases, blue = right party voters [the bluer, the more voters] )

karte_corona_afd.gif

this is so unprecedented but in new zealand, drivers license has been certified gold already, after only 4 weeks of charting.

yXkVIKx.png

Spoiler

it took ROM 8 weeks to be certified gold and it's now platinum but i doubt it'll get to 2x platinum for a few years

Edited by thetea
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 18,409
Just now, thetea said:

this is so unprecedented but in new zealand, drivers license has been certified gold already, after only 4 weeks of charting. it took ROM 8 weeks to be certified gold and it's now platinum but i doubt it'll get to 2x platinum for a few years

I know who’s day just got better!

@Delusional

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

On a side note, Levitating has been certified platinum in New Zealand and has charted for 17 weeks so far. it'll probably peak at 5-6

• paws up 1

Blinding Lights has charted for 61 weeks in New Zealand, is 4x platinum and slowly is going to leave the chart. Its at #24 right now. It's mostly radio keeping it charting, it was the 21st most listened to song on spotify

Pcb4nqm.png

FgdKahh.png

ARTPOPster 1,672
14 minutes ago, thetea said:

Blinding Lights has charted for 61 weeks in New Zealand, is 4x platinum and slowly is going to leave the chart. Its at #24 right now. It's mostly radio keeping it charting, it was the 21st most listened to song on spotify

Pcb4nqm.png

FgdKahh.png

i don't think it'll leave anytime soon following his performance.

1 minute ago, A Little Monsterrr said:

i don't think it'll leave anytime soon following his performance.

those aren't that known here in NZ. I think it may help, but not significantly. i definetly think this song can make it to 100 weeks charting if he does some promo or something

Pop-a-911-ster 30,372
3 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

We might have a problem with the Chromatica Ball. It has a chance to not happen :bradley:

we might have a problem? there is a chance it will not happen?

Imatge

• lol 3

Moderator 17,112
Just now, Andreu said:

we might have a problem? there is a chance it will not happen?

Imatge

Yes. There's still a 90% chance it will happen and if she cancels I will bring her here with any means necessary.

giphy.gif

• lol 2

Just now, corvus albus said:

Yes. There's still a 90% chance it will happen and if she cancels I will bring her here with any means necessary.

giphy.gif

i wish she would travel to more countries