Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

The Fame Popster 467
5 hours ago, danwasd said:

Knowing her I assume is Gags the one against releasing it :mess:

Nope. There's accurate information on why the song was not released.

Gaga herself said the original version was very well loved by Gaga herself and Kendrick.

But Kendrick was just a new artist back then and has lesser control over his creative decision. What happened was his team changed the whole production/ structure of the song without Gaga's knowledge.

And when Gaga found out about it, she simply decided to scrap it.

So yeah in way Gaga scrapped the song but there's reason to it and it goes to show Gaga's artistic integrity. 

• paws up 3

The Fame Popster 467
4 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Still wished they would have found a way to collab though. BDKMV is a staple on one of Kendrick’s best album. Also Partynaueous collab would have been epic for ARTPOP instead of JnD since this fanbase hates it.

I know right! The way Kendrick evolved and grew into such an impactful artist is just... 

• thanks 1

1 hour ago, DonnieDarko said:

Kendrick, imo, is one of the most talented and interesting artists out there

this. he is versatile, and his raps have so much depth. he doesn't rap about what most rappers rap about most of the time (sex, drugs, how rich they are) and he talks about his life struggles and personal topics in his raps

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,264
2 hours ago, Twitter said:

I’m far from being pressed. I just find making a comment about an artist’s outift is “boring” or “repetitive” is a bit small minded when we stan an artist that wore the same clothes too. 

Gaga wore a pink hat, crop top, and orgami dress mulitiple times but God forbid someone calls that boring. :billiecat:

I’m pretty sure many people on this very site called it boring so I don’t get your point honestly. I remember people hating her fashion during Joanne for these same exact reasons “boring, redundant, not exciting, not Gaga enough, plain, overused” etc

Again, let them have their views either way, who cares.

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bakugo said:

There isn’t low population density in Sydney and Melbourne and it shows because those cities were hit hardest. We still survived through it all and normalcy has returned. Our NZ sisters also share this @thetea am I right?

Yes. Auckland makes up 33% of the New Zealand population so it was hit pretty hard. It was also the city that had a entire. family randomly get COVID and force us in Auckland back into lockdown. Auckland and Wellington are the most densely populated so they were hit the worst, but everythings back to normal!

• paws up 1

1 hour ago, gagaxuan said:

I know right! The way Kendrick evolved and grew into such an impactful artist is just... 

I swear this song is so popular. It's referenced a lot now, I imagine it would be bigger if the feature had been released and Gaga had polished the demo

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,409
6 minutes ago, thetea said:

Yes. Auckland makes up 33% of the New Zealand population so it was hit pretty hard. It was also the city that had a entire. family randomly get COVID and force us in Auckland back into lockdown. Auckland and Wellington are the most densely populated so they were hit the worst, but everythings back to normal!

Off topic - Auckland is truly one of the most beautiful cities on earth. I was two times in Melbourne while still playing tennis professionally and people were talking all the time about NZ and Auckland in particular. They were playing there two weeks prior and I never got the chance to do that. All I’ve had was Google images lol, even tho I was relatively close.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

11 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Off topic - Auckland is truly one of the most beautiful cities on earth. I was two times in Melbourne while still playing tennis professionally and people were talking all the time about NZ and Auckland in particular. They were playing there two weeks prior and I never got the chance to do that. All I’ve had was Google images lol, even tho I was relatively close.

i live in Auckland, it can be nice but i think you will find better in small towns. traffic is terrible everyday at 4:30pm to 6:30pm and public transport is terrible, i recommend going to small cities like dunedin and far north, those areas are so pretty and have good beaches. the people there are also so friendly and just talk to you, because of how small it is, unlike Aucklanders who are known to be rude

Edited by thetea
  • paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
21 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

And thank you for actually admitting you were being a little bit salty/pressed :kiss:

+1 for you in my book :arguega: if that matters to you at all LOL 

Nothing wrong with admitting it tbh. If more did it would be a better life.

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 16,835

imho.. the setlist was so boring.. his songs are not stadium material plus that awful mic volume.. 

BL saved it but still meh compared to the pop girls

12 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

imho.. the setlist was so boring.. his songs are not stadium material plus that awful mic volume.. 

BL saved it but still meh compared to the pop girls

i'm wondering where this supposed 7 million dollars went to. Whoever did the mixing, how could they make a mistake like that. His setlist was pretty predictable, I knew that he would start with Starboy and end with Blinding Lights. I couldn't predict anything for Gaga's one, except that I was sure she would end with Bad romance because it was her biggest hit at the time. He put on a good show, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. It was far from the worst halftime show though by the art police

Edited by thetea