Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Popster for Sale 57,180
2 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Not really. He released a gay rights song in 1992 as a lead single. That man has done more for the LGBT community than most realize.

I guess they were referencing the fact that he, like Taylor, has massive US sales yet he isn’t very know outside a particular demographic/generation 

Moderator 17,110
Just now, QueenoftheNight said:

Really? What a Legend!

No wonder he adores and stans GODGA.

That song was his first to miss the top 10 on country charts because radios even banned it for its controversial content :icant:

The controversial content:

When the last thing we notice is the color of skin
And the first thing we look for is the beauty within
When the skies and the oceans are clean again
Then we shall be free

When we're free to love anyone we choose
When this world's big enough for all different views
When we all can worship from our own kind of pew
Then we shall be free, yeah

• paws up 1
  • lol 3

Moderator 17,110
Just now, Fame Romance said:

I guess they were referencing the fact that he, like Taylor, has massive US sales yet he isn’t very know outside a particular demographic/generation 

I know but I Garth Brooks is an absolute legend. US centric artists rarely crossed over before 2010 and country is just now crossing over the US borders. It's not exactly a fair comparison.

Deactivated 14,311
2 minutes ago, QueenoftheNight said:

That's it?

So the girl with 2 top 5 songs on radio at the moment & 400M Spotify playlist reach has moved only 760k units of her album, even after 3 months?

And this is supposed to be her career peak...

Image result for gretchen gif

It’s 700K more than some so let’s celebrate this, not try to bring her down. 

Moderator 3,690

That's it?

So the girl with 2 top 5 songs on radio at the moment & 400M Spotify playlist reach has moved only 760k units of her album, even after 3 months?

Nobody says her career peak was Positions though? I think it is widely accepted that her biggest record is Thank U, Next. Ariana has never had good pure sales and most of her units stem from streaming which does not grant a lot of units. 

• thanks 3

Popster for Sale 57,180
1 minute ago, QueenoftheNight said:

That's it?

Didn’t you write the exact same post yesterday ? Umm

Her album hasn’t left the top 10 in 3 months, album sales/units are just dead even for big US sellers like Taylor so 

• thanks 1

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, Purple_Aisu said:

We are in the digital age with streaming, fewer people are buying physical albums.

And with an album that has kinda alienated a certain fanbase of pop bops- with her more adult leaning rnb pop... I expected numbers to drop. 760K is still amazing. 

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311

GODGA's discography has become such a staple for talent shows.

The best songwriter of this generation knows how to write global smashes that appeal to everyone :love:

It has. To be fair, this seems more general Gaga discussion than charts though?