Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

The Fame Popster 477
11 minutes ago, Krazy said:

There are several ways to express your sexuality without doing this in all of your videos and without making your videos look like strip clubs.²

She has every right to use strip club imagery. Nothing wrong with that if you are into this aesthetic. She's not first.

• thanks 2

Kindness Admin 7,530
3 minutes ago, Krazy said:

It's not just my opinion, will I need to bring the thousands reaction videos from the WAP video here or will you continue to play blind? Most people are also sexist, how are you accusing me of being? Lmfao

I'm not seeing anyone else right now, I'm seeing you. You telling women when they're being "vulgar" and being too sexualized is not your place. It is sexist and it is not something we condone. Educate yourself. And yes, the internet and world is overwhelmingly sexist, misogynistic and racist. Do better.

https://www.thelily.com/some-are-criticizing-cardi-bs-wap-her-fans-say-to-get-over-it/

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/07/237719/tcardi-b-clapback-sexist-jermaine-dupri-comment

https://brookhavencourier.com/106461/opinion/criticism-of-wap-is-rooted-in-misogyny-and-sexism/

• paws up 7

Kindness Admin 7,530
Just now, Krazy said:

So you aren't going to bring me some explicit Gaga video like the WAP video? It was what I imagined, and I know your real opinion about Cardi's image in her videos, a pity that you don't have the courage to say what you really think here, but I do.

Move on and leave this topic. You are wrong. You can educate yourself or you can continue and you're just going to get yourself WPs.

• thanks 2

The Fame Popster 477
5 minutes ago, Krazy said:

So you aren't going to bring me some explicit Gaga video like the WAP video? It was what I imagined, and I know your real opinion about Cardi's image in her videos, a pity that you don't have the courage to say what you really think here, but I do.

Gaga literally slapped her whole a** as DWUW single cover. I didn't like it, but I understand the intent. It's art, it's subjective.

• thanks 3

The Fame Popster 477
3 minutes ago, little legend said:

What about this? :katy:

anyway i am almost sleeping right now but i dont want to miss the mess:cupcake:

this footage lives rent free in my head

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,803
6 minutes ago, Krazy said:

Did she release this song/video to make money exposing her body just like Cardi does in all her songs and videos? No, that is the point I am applying here.

Chile

artists are showing their body since the middle age

For example the painting « the birth of Venus » by Botticelli shows a woman naked. 
It was seen as vulgar when it was released in 1485 and now it’s a masterpiece inside the most famous museums in the world.

spacer.png

Of course you have totally the right to not like it but please respect the art and the feelings of an artist.

Edited by Miaou
  • paws up 4
  • thanks 5

Moderator 6,288
26 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

He was so beautiful why the f- would he do that ?? 
It’s just creepy and gross 

I wanna be present when it falls out tbh. :katy_pie:

• lol 1

Kindness Admin 7,530
31 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

He was so beautiful why the f- would he do that ?? 
It’s just creepy and gross 

Wait, is this a Steven Universe reference?

1 hour ago, Krazy said:

And what does she want to do? Show her a** in all her videos and talk about sex in all her songs like Cardi B to get hits?

I prefer that she maintain the posture that she has.

this is the problem. R&B doesn't have to revolve around sex, it's just the most common subject. Kendrick Lamar has meaningful songs about his struggles and many artists do too. Stop boxing entire genres into stereotypes that fill your narrative 

Kindness Admin 7,530

To be clear on two things:

1) Creating dupe accounts will get you banned.

2) Criticizing an artist for being sexual in their lyrics, videos or life and calling them vulgar and only successful because of that is not acceptable. It's sexist and it's bullshit. I saw an earlier post talking about how the industry forces women to sexualize themselves. The male agenda is undeniable and awful. But that's no excuse to attack women for choosing to express themselves. It's an issue repeated throughout history. Women are treated like sexual objects and then chastised for deciding to own their sexuality. We won't tear people down for deciding to use their body or sexuality in their music. Doesn't matter if it's Cardi, Gaga, Rihanna or apparently Lana. You don't have to like it, doesn't have to be your taste, but you won't attack them for it and you will not say they are only popular because of it. 

• paws up 11
  • thanks 5