Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

11 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Levitating's callouts are absolute trash :dead:

Dua with tragic callouts still went top 5 on radio....the payola

I remember even on spotify levitating was hanging out of top 50 on the ww chart for some time meanwhile it never left top 3 on tth.

And there's still people that think callouts have any importance when we have proof multiple times that they don't matter, but payola does.

Animated GIF

• paws up 1

1 minute ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Thank god :billie: very close to a unibrow...not a cute look ngl 

edit: my apologies if you know this person/this was rude...just being honest though. No one come for me :icant:

1 minute ago, little legend said:

Omg i thought it was you:enigma:

That guy if from a tv series and the whole tv snow was so stupid and dumb so yeah that’s not me 

• paws up 3

Popster for Sale 41,787
37 minutes ago, danwasd said:

Ms. entela was a funny add on this thread if you look at the big picture, I'm sorry but someone had to say it 

jo6Oldt.gif

Not funny when you've been personally attacked multiple times.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 14,779
Just now, BenG said:

Not funny when you've been personally attacked multiple times.

that's exactly why I put in the big picture, things like that or the terrorism thing put me off from ha :gaga-thanks:

I remember in Kirilldaily some not so intelligent people (they didn't believe in Spotify payola either) who were blaming ROM's not smashing on radio, on callouts when yet again we have proof of other songs with worse callaouts going top 5 on Radio.

Also Interscope was exposed in that RS article that they dont do radio payola but Republic & Warner (Ariana, Dua labels) yes, use payola.

ding dong ding dong 

Animated GIF

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,365

I mean it was hard to believe payola exists if you don't look into numbers as much as we do, but it's the only possible explaination for so many things so Wales Shrug GIF by AFC Bournemouth

Spoiler

and since OCtober with that RS article that basically confims it

• paws up 2

Moderator 3,690
17 minutes ago, QueenoftheNight said:

I remember in Kirilldaily some not so intelligent people (they didn't believe in Spotify payola either) who were blaming ROM's not smashing on radio, on callouts when yet again we have proof of other songs with worse callaouts going top 5 on Radio.

Also Interscope was exposed in that RS article that they dont do radio payola but Republic & Warner (Ariana, Dua labels) yes, use payola.

ding dong ding dong 

Animated GIF

I am not saying that there is no payola, but these are the first callouts since the middle of December. If they start dropping Levitating like a rock then theres proof that they still have an influence, but it is clear that there are some radio darlings that are played regardless of how they perform on callouts.

If ROM had debuted at the top of the callouts it would have smashed radio. Sadly if you are an over 30 female then pop radio will only play you if the public truly loves your song. 

A Popster Is Born 14,779
2 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

I am not saying that there is no payola, but these are the first callouts since the middle of December. If they start dropping Levitating like a rock then theres proof that they still have an influence, but it is clear that there are some radio darlings that are played regardless of how they perform on callouts.

If ROM had debuted at the top of the callouts it would have smashed radio. Sadly if you are an over 30 female then pop radio will only play you if the public truly loves your song. 

I think that these are all good points, specially the one regarding the radio darlings. Bc at the end of the day, the radio spins, at a certain degree, what the radio person personally likes. Wasn't out there a girl literally obsessed with Ms. Gags, for example? 

Edited by danwasd

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, danwasd said:

I think that these are all good points, specially the one regarding the radio darlings. Bc at the end of the day, the radio spins, at a certain degree, what the radio person personally likes. Wasn't out there a girl literally obsessed with Ms. Gags, for example? 

There is some personal preference - a radio host has a certain influence on the music that they play if they have a show on the radio. However in general stations have playlists and and the curators of the playlist decide how often a song is played that day. Also if you play music then often you don't have a host 24/7, usually only at daytime and during the night you have a playlist. 

The curators are probably radio execs, some analysts and they put together their playlist and there have been notices of some bribery - for example you send gifts to those that put the playlist together. However the payola usually is not directly cash as that is illegal, but some labels maybe have found creative ways around it.