Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

A Popster Is Born 14,819
4 minutes ago, Krazy said:

It's not for you to say that what I said was problematic or not, this is a job for the mods, if you didn’t like what I said, report my post to them or block me, but stop doing a show and stop try to act like one of them.

Weren't you the one defending the other day that censoring and limiting freedom of speech was a crime against humanity? :gaga-thanks:

Edited by danwasd
  • lol 3

Gaming Leader 8,440
14 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

Or at all. Everyone is depressed and don’t want dance music whilst stuck at home. 

Which is why Folklore and Evermore (but especially Folklore) was a perfect release for Taylor. She secured the corona-depressiona-bag. 

image0.gif 

• paws up 2

10 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

I would say that Taylor waited a long enough time that overexposure really did not affect Reputation. Reputation's underperformance came from its bad single choices and it being quite weak as an album. LWYMMD's and Reputations debut numbers were huge but they did not have stability, showing that people were willing to give it a chance, but just they weren't so keen to return to it.

If we look at just the amount of time that Taylor was away from public shows that the overexposure had time to settle off. After the Grammys she stopped promoting 1989 which was at the beginning of 2016, released IDWLF at the end of 2016 but did not do extensive promo for it and returned with LWYMMD at the end of August 2017 meaning that people almost had 1.5 years of musical pause from Taylor. 

I don't get why she was getting so much hate. Wasn't the reputation era so dark in response to the media hating her or something like that?

I loved rep but these things felt cringe to me

1 minute ago, danwasd said:

Weren't you the one defending the other day that censoring and limiting freedom of speech was a crime against humanity? :gaga-thanks:

Yes, I said that, but I was debating with a moderator, who has the power to delete or change my post or give me unfair warning points. You can't do any of that, so I'm fine.

1 minute ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

She secured the corona-depressiona-bag. 

Am I the only one who doesn't listen to sad songs when I'm sad. My country had lockdown in March - May and it was more strict than the rest of the world, but I would literally play dance music:billie:

• paws up 2

50 minutes ago, little legend said:

Rain On Me, Sour Candy , Alice, even Enigma and Fun Tonight would have all been better lead choices

Sour Candy solo as a lead with BLACKPINK remix releasing one-two months later would have been amazing as @Delusional said yesterday

that would be nice. I wonder if there's a solo demo for Sour Candy 

Deactivated 14,311
6 minutes ago, Krazy said:

Yes, I said that, but I was debating with a moderator, who has the power to delete or change my post or give me unfair warning points. You can't do any of that, so I'm fine.

@ me next time love. Nothing is unfair when the points are warranted. E.O.D tbh. Tired of it.

• paws up 3

Gaming Leader 8,440
4 minutes ago, thetea said:

Am I the only one who doesn't listen to sad songs when I'm sad. My country had lockdown in March - May and it was more strict than the rest of the world, but I would literally play dance music:billie:

Last year was so depressing for me and hard, yet, I would listen non-stop to (tracks) Rain On Me, Smile, TuN, Lizzo's feel good songs... I don't listen to sad songs either, but it felt right when she released it. 

image0.gif 

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,771

A Portuguese actress (Lidia Franco) has come out saying that during a shooting of a movie with her Adam Driver was rude, forced technicians to not look at him and displayed violent behaviour towards her. Seen it being spread on some of the Portuguese media. Idk if this will pick up any steam but he sure seems like an a-hole from her description. Hopefully he isn't an a-hole towards Gaga /they recast soon. There's also Jared Leto in that movie chile. I hope they know not to mess with L.G. 

https://www.noticiasaominuto.com/fama/1680229/lidia-franco-acusa-ator-adam-driver-portou-se-mal-comigo-agrediu-me

This is in Portuguese so idk if many people are able to read this.

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 1
  • shook 4

A Popster Is Born 14,819
13 minutes ago, Krazy said:

:mess:

• paws up 1

35 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

I would say that Taylor waited a long enough time that overexposure really did not affect Reputation. Reputation's underperformance came from its bad single choices and it being quite weak as an album. LWYMMD's and Reputations debut numbers were huge but they did not have stability, showing that people were willing to give it a chance, but just they weren't so keen to return to it.

If we look at just the amount of time that Taylor was away from public shows that the overexposure had time to settle off. After the Grammys she stopped promoting 1989 which was at the beginning of 2016, released IDWLF at the end of 2016 but did not do extensive promo for it and returned with LWYMMD at the end of August 2017 meaning that people almost had 1.5 years of musical pause from Taylor.

1. But this is exactly the definition of underperformance: big numbers in the debut week and then little or almost zero stability. Why is it so difficult to call things what they are?

2. Of course she stopped promoting 1989, she was literally 2 years promoting this album on every corner without stopping, besides that, in 2016, she was in the media all year for the countless fights with the West couple. IDWLF didn't need a major campaign as the film would sell the song anyway. And on LWYMMD, this song only had a huge debut for all the drama she did (blackout on her Instagram after the rain of snakes in the comments of her photos, shade for half of the music industry in the video etc).

• paws up 1

Moderator 3,690
23 minutes ago, thetea said:

I don't get why she was getting so much hate. Wasn't the reputation era so dark in response to the media hating her or something like that?

I hope you know of the rocky start of Taylor and Kanye relationship with the 2009 VMA's where Taylor won the award for best female video and Kanye went to the stage and told that Beyonce should have won. This was for a lot of people the first introduction to Taylor as a celebrity and even president Obama called Kanye a jackass for that.

Now lets go to 2015, Taylor was omnipresent with 1989 and it seemed that her and Kanye had made up and were seen taking pictures together at some award shows. Fast forward to 2016 and Kanye's song "Famous" and the lyrics

"I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex
Why? I made that b*ch famous (Goddamn)".

There was media backlash when the song was released due to these lyrics being perceived as being sexist. Taylor echoed the same in her 1989 Grammy AOTY speech where she said

"I want to say to all the young women out there, there are going to be people along the way who will try to undercut your success or take credit for your accomplishments or your fame."

Then during July 2016 Kim released a (edited) video tape where it seemed that Kanye had asked Taylor's permission to use that lyric. Taylor responded that he never asked to say that he made her famous. Everybody thought that Taylor was a scheming snake, spurred by Kim saying that and she was "cancelled". This probably was helped by the fact that Taylor had been an everpresent force during the 1989 era and people were tired of her and her supermodel-thin white girl squad. This was her "cancellation" during the year 2016.

Lets move to 2017. Media critizised her silence on politics and someone even compared her to H*tler because she was politically silent and her team tried to get that opinion piece taken down which even gave it more spotlight (the Barbara Streisand effect). This backlash inspired Reputation and the bad girl image and the snakes.

Looking back it was all overblown and the media did not hate Taylor, but Taylor just felt that she was hated. Her actual reputation since then has markedly improved, helped by the fact that she backed Democrats publicly, the full phone conversation leaked where it was shown that Kanye never asked her if he could say that he made her famous and by Kanye's downspiral where people are not really taking him seriously anymore. Overall if Taylor had said in the beginning that Kanye asked me if she could joke about having sex with me but not about the famous part then all of this could have been avoided.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk, I will not be taking any further questions at the moment xx. 

Edited by Joesuda
  • paws up 5
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,845

Youtube :

Stupid Love - 80 000 daily views (released less than 1 year ago)

Million Reasons - 112 000 daily views (released 4 years ago)

Interesting.

spacer.png

• paws up 8
  • lol 1

16 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

@ me next time love. Nothing is unfair when the points are warranted. E.O.D tbh. Tired of it.

First of all, I didn't even think about you when I said that, because you weren't the only one who gave me unfair warning points. And whether you found the points fair or not, it's your opinion, not mine, I still think they are unfair.

• lol 1

7 minutes ago, Miaou said:

Youtube :

Stupid Love - 80 000 daily views (released less than 1 year ago)

Million Reasons - 112 000 daily views (released 4 years ago)

Interesting.

spacer.png

Funny that most of you were mocking the MR video 4 years ago, and today it serves as a comparison for a new lead single from her, so that means you'll only enjoy the SL video (or use it for some positive comparison) 3 years from now.

It'll take time, but I'll wait, good pop music deserves respect.