Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

55 minutes ago, thetea said:

It was a terrible move, because by then everyone had heard it. Gaga said it's fine that it leaked and that it would be better when we heard it in high quality and with the music video, but the music video was not professional looking. PLEASE GAGA, NEVER WORK WITH APPLE AGAIN

Delete :awkney:

Popster for Sale 44,660
3 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Even with minimal Gaga promo Chromatica fulfilled every aspect to be called a success for Gaga and Interscope. It's not monumental but it is certainly not worse than Joanne in terms of commercial performance.

I think this level of success is something we should expect for her next, like two, solo projects. If her next two solo projects continue to mimic Chromatica in terms of album success, not necessarily singles success, Gagas career will be safe until she decides to stop making music on a regular basis. She'll be for the world what Kylie Minogue is for the UK. Huge album debuts with always decent numbers but singles barely scratching the charts.

There's also the fact that her acting career will probably keep her relevant and in the public eye for a long time. I wouldn't rule out at least one more smash era, but your scenario is the most likely yes.

• paws up 1

Moderator 17,112

Streaming platforms' subscriber counts WW (October 2020)

Spotify 144M subscribers

Apple Music 60M subscribers

Amazon Music 55M subscribers

These are all paying accounts, no free trials

Spotify overall has 320M active users

https://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/digitec/musik-streaming-spotify-waechst-im-dritten-quartal-stark-17025824.html

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 30,370
1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

Streaming platforms' subscriber counts WW (October 2020)

Spotify 144M subscribers

Apple Music 60M subscribers

Amazon Music 55M subscribers

These are all paying accounts, no free trials

Spotify overall has 320M active users

https://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/digitec/musik-streaming-spotify-waechst-im-dritten-quartal-stark-17025824.html

not Amazon Music snatching Apple Music, when they told me Apple would snatch spotify :icant:

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 41,791

Apple x Gaga is huge promo. Being plastered all over apple.com worldwide is huge. SL video was just the wrong video for an iPhone and the song just didn’t catch on. 

• paws up 5
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,742

Lmaoooooo so I’m doing a zoom with my classe and I was listening to ROM with my headphones
But I forgot to mute the microphone :dead:

So the teacher said « who is listening to Lady Gaga? » 

I said « me 🙋‍♂️ 

And after she said « show us a dance move with this song »

screaming :dead:

• paws up 1
  • lol 13

Popster for Sale 41,791
1 minute ago, Miaou said:

Lmaoooooo so I’m doing a zoom with my classe and I was listening to ROM with my headphones
But I forgot to mute the microphone :dead:

So the teacher said « who is listening to Lady Gaga? » 

I said « me 🙋‍♂️ 

And after she said « show us a dance move with this song »

screaming :dead:

Show us too:bunny:

Pop-a-911-ster 28,924
x3
1 hour ago, Fame Romance said:

Chromatica, ASIB and The Fame charting on the BillBoard 200 

Happy So Excited GIF

Next week : Chromatica, ASIB, The Fame and Cheek to Cheek:horse_race:

Spoiler

Cheek to Cheek has 0 pts from streaming so it will be tough

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,791
8 minutes ago, Andreu said:

not Amazon Music snatching Apple Music, when they told me Apple would snatch spotify :icant:

I suspect the gap is not that big if we go by revenue though. Spotify is available in many small countries and subscription fees are peanuts in USD. 

Popster for Sale 57,181
3 minutes ago, BenG said:

Apple x Gaga is huge promo. Being plastered all over apple.com worldwide is huge. SL video was just the wrong video for an iPhone and the song just didn’t catch on. 

Yep, we saw with LYTLM by Selena that the song went #1 on US AM upon its release thanks to the Apple support because it was a more likeable song, whereas SL only peaked at #37 :icant:

Had they given that support to ROM it would've gone #1 too instead of #2

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,835
5 minutes ago, BenG said:

I suspect the gap is not that big if we go by revenue though. Spotify is available in many small countries and subscription fees are peanuts in USD. 

La Rosalia said it ain't close tho.. even in the US

• paws up 1

Moderator 17,112
6 minutes ago, BenG said:

I guess Amazon will overtake Apple in 2021 because Apples growth has been drastically slowing in the last two years. Spotify, by their own predictions has probably reached 160M-170M active subscribers already with 380M active users.