Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

1 minute ago, Joesuda said:

I'd argue that with Reputation and Lover she also chose bad single choices so we cannot really see her true hit power. ME!ss was horrible and YNTCD actually held quite well on radio and it had many weeks in the top 20, but it was in no way, shape or form a smash. Lover came a little bit too late to save that era. 

Reputation's singles were all a mess except for Delicate and Delicate peaked on streaming way before it peaked on radio, which led to a low peak on the hot 100. Also the fact that she dropped the video and then let radio decide its fate and did not even discount to get it into the top 10, whew the lack of energy compared to Willow. Delicate was a radio smash and therefore she is able to have radio hits, but she needs to choose the correct song and she needs to choose it as the first or second single. 

ME! is a truly terrible terrible song. One of the worst I've ever heard. Especially with Brendon Urie, it should've never been released. Lover should've been the lead single. Next era I hope she releases good singles that have actual success, not 39c remixes for #1.  

• paws up 6

2 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Ava haters lost as usual

I'm pretty disappointed Kings and Queens didnt go top 10 in the U.S It was on it's way there before christmas, and I thought it would be a Just Dance situation, but I guess not. Hopefully this one takes off

Just now, ViviLittleM said:

What a discography 

It's a bit disappointing that her release from 10 years ago is charting higher than her release last year. Also why is C2C charting so high? Is it because of the announcement of the new album

Popster for Sale 57,181
2 minutes ago, thetea said:

those hits from Rep and Lover and especially Folklore and ESPECIALLY Evermore were all pretty frontloaded. I can admit that I loved LWYMMD, YNTCD, Lover and cardigan though. I don't think she could recreate the single success of 1989/Red. Do you know if her sales fanbase driven or GP driven? 

Back when she was doing country it was a mixture of her growing fanbase and the loyal country demographic 

Then she started doing pop and profited from both having a big fanbase to boost the sales for the first week(s) with many versions and brand partnerships etc. then she used to have hits that maintained the album sales in the long run 

Her last few albums’ sales/streaming is mostly fan-driven which is not surprising considering the lack of major hits 

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 29,665
1 minute ago, thetea said:

It's a bit disappointing that her release from 10 years ago is charting higher than her release last year. Also why is C2C charting so high? Is it because of the announcement of the new album

It’s « normal ». The Fame Monster is discounted and front page on iTunes app. But yeah we all know Traumatica underperformed so bad. But no promo so ;/ Yeah for CTC. But mostly because Tony announced he’s ill. :(

Edited by ViviLittleM

40 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Yeah it sold 800k (773,000 in 2019) but its streaming/tea can’t add 100k

Yes, it's possible. The album has 115M on Spotify, if we estimate twice that adding all the other platforms + 35M YouTube streams and estimating that 50% of the total streams come from the US (because the jazz genre is obviously local and this album didn't escape this rule , just look at its pure sales, more than half came from the US) we hit ~90k in SEA + 800k in pure sales = 890k, without adding TEA.

So, this album has every chance of being over 900,000 units in the US.

Moderator 3,690
2 minutes ago, thetea said:

ME! is a truly terrible terrible song. One of the worst I've ever heard. Especially with Brendon Urie, it should've never been released. Lover should've been the lead single. Next era I hope she releases good singles that have actual success, not 39c remixes for #1.  

I mean I actually like Willow, but the 4 0.39 remixes was not a cute look. She maybe should have released the album a week before and she would have had the #1 easily. However she chose to release the album just at the beginning of the final Grammy voting to get those AOTY votes for folklore and we will see if it payed off. 

• paws up 1

1 minute ago, Fame Romance said:

Back when she was doing country it was a mixture of her growing fanbase and the loyal country demographic 

Then she started doing pop and profited from both having a big fanbase to boost the sales for the first week(s) with many versions and brand partnerships etc. then she used to have hits that maintained the album sales in the long run 

Her last few albums’ sales/streaming is mostly fan-driven which is not surprising considering the lack of major hits 

She has a huge fanbase but it seems like no one respects her as an artist outside of her fanbase (or to what I've seen) which is a disappointment because her writing and lyrics are so good.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,371
4 minutes ago, thetea said:

I'm pretty disappointed Kings and Queens didnt go top 10 in the U.S It was on it's way there before christmas, and I thought it would be a Just Dance situation, but I guess not. Hopefully this one takes off

I agree it was disappointing but at this point, I think Ava should stop putting so much effort into the USA (which i know is her actual country and the biggest market) and focus on the areas that react much more positively to her music like the UK, Germany, Scandinavia, etc

Just now, zcasx said:

Why anyone would rather have the haus labs instrumental over this masterpiece is beyond me tbh

I love Babylon, it's my fav Chromatica track, but  I was excited for Babylon the most when I heard the leaked Haus Labs demo, it's what built hype for the album for me.  i was thoroughly disappointed when it was different, I've grown to love this version but I still wanna hear the demo. People should also stop passing off their fanmade versions as offical

• paws up 2

1 minute ago, Andreu said:

I agree it was disappointing but at this point, I think Ava should stop putting so much effort into the USA (which i know is her actual country and the biggest market) and focus on the areas that react much more positively to her music like the UK, Germany, Scandinavia, etc

It seems like she's huge in Europe, but she's ignored in the U.S which is disappointing. She has some good songs

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, thetea said:

She has a huge fanbase but it seems like no one respects her as an artist outside of her fanbase (or to what I've seen) which is a disappointment because her writing and lyrics are so good.

I'd disagree, she has been respected in the industry for quite a long time for her craftmanship. Furthermore, folklore and evermore truly expanded her to listeners that usually dismissed her (aka 40 y.o. indie dads, AAA crowd) so currently she is probably the most respected she has ever been in her career.

Pop-a-911-ster 31,745

I'm doing the WW charts-run of Chromatica for the first page and I- 

Spain and Italy are doing the lord work but the rest :rip:  this album deserves so much better ugh 

• paws up 3
  • sad 1