Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Pop-a-911-ster 28,925
x3
Just now, thetea said:

Where is the ad being aired?

I don't know...

But there was also a iPhone ad with Stupid Love that got spammed on YouTube.

If OREO wants to make a TV ad with Chromatica cookies, it better be with Sour Candy:gunga:

5 minutes ago, Miaou said:

true too 

Both era were extremely successful 

I hope ASIB can chart higher, like in the top 100 like the Moana Soundtrack

Just now, GAGADAILY said:

I don't know...

But there was also a iPhone ad with Stupid Love that got spammed on YouTube.

If OREO wants to make a TV ad with Chromatica cookies, it better be with Sour Candy:gunga:

I'd rather Stupid Love tbh, it's chart run was embarrassing, it would be nice if the ad could help pad out the songs chart run from 9 weeks

• hugs 1
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,665
1 minute ago, thetea said:

She's a smart business women. She hasn't trapped herself in music. She has multiple avenues she can go down, when one doesn't work out well. That's the thing that people like Taylor Swift and Katy Perry lack

the tea... but it's not like TS needs that tbh :billiecat:

• paws up 1

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, thetea said:

Maybe if she played the long game. It seems like Drivers License is already waning, it's sales are down, streams etc. It's also losing popularity on TikTok, whereas Streets is still gaining. You're right but I think it could happen in like a Say So situation, where it took months to take off

I mean it is still the second best seller currently so in no way it is falling of extremely. Also it's streaming boom was not sustainable, you cannot expect to keep on going with 4+M updates on Spotify streaming etc and I think it will start to stabilise now at a more normal 1-2 M streams at US Spotify.

However radio is usually extremely slow and songs linger around the top 10 for ages. Miss Olivia is doing 3-4+ M AI updates and it will probably be top 10 on radio when the week ends. Streets is MIA on radio and if it takes off on radio then probably by the time it peaks on radio its streaming has fallen off. Also we have to keep in mind that allegedly lots of big artists (Adele) are releasing that may keep the top spot out Streets hands. 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 14,788
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

M-city could never

Fadga chose us for the tours for a reason :ohhh:

K0AnkYQ.thumb.gif.3660d54a3c73c03559bf12

I'd also choose Ms. :dead: rather than Ms. A****o, tho 

Just now, Joesuda said:

I mean it is still the second best seller currently so in no way it is falling of extremely. Also it's streaming boom was not sustainable, you cannot expect to keep on going with 4+M updates on Spotify streaming etc and I think it will start to stabilise now at a more normal 1-2 M streams at US Spotify.

However radio is usually extremely slow and songs linger around the top 10 for ages. Miss Olivia is doing 3-4+ M AI updates and it will probably be top 10 on radio when the week ends. Streets is MIA on radio and if it takes off on radio then probably by the time it peaks on radio its streaming has fallen off. Also we have to keep in mind that allegedly lots of big artists (Adele) are releasing that may keep the top spot out Streets hands. 

Radio sucks. They take weeks to pick up songs, then they won't stop playing it after they start. There is no in between, they either play a song too much, or not at all

4 minutes ago, Andreu said:

M-city could never

Fadga chose us for the tours for a reason :ohhh:

Why does she barely tour anywhere. It would be nice if she could do even one in Aus, NZ, Brazil. 

Popster for Sale 57,185
Just now, thetea said:

I wonder if she'll ever flop

She’ll always have big US sales but she’ll be lucky to get a proper hit, she tried with Reputation and Lover and she got moderate ones at best but nothing compared to Fearless/Red/1989’s hits 

Just now, Fame Romance said:

She’ll always have big US sales but she’ll be lucky to get a proper hit, she tried with Reputation and Lover and she got moderate ones at best but nothing compared to Fearless/Red/1989’s hits 

those hits from Rep and Lover and especially Folklore and ESPECIALLY Evermore were all pretty frontloaded. I can admit that I loved LWYMMD, YNTCD, Lover and cardigan though. I don't think she could recreate the single success of 1989/Red. Do you know if her sales fanbase driven or GP driven? 

2 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Imagine a song the GP connected with more getting all that payola :billiecat:

I hope Stupid Love takes off form these ads. Maybe even a cute top 10 repeak and makes it chart for 20 weeks:shine:

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,665
Just now, thetea said:

those hits from Rep and Lover and especially Folklore and ESPECIALLY Evermore were all pretty frontloaded. I can admit that I loved LWYMMD, YNTCD, Lover and cardigan though. I don't think she could recreate the single success of 1989/Red. Do you know if her sales fanbase driven or GP driven? 

I know a certain someone who has an answer for that on the tip of their tongue :billie:

• lol 1

Moderator 3,690
Just now, Fame Romance said:

I'd argue that with Reputation and Lover she also chose bad single choices so we cannot really see her true hit power. ME!ss was horrible and YNTCD actually held quite well on radio and it had many weeks in the top 20, but it was in no way, shape or form a smash. Lover came a little bit too late to save that era. 

Reputation's singles were all a mess except for Delicate and Delicate peaked on streaming way before it peaked on radio, which led to a low peak on the hot 100. Also the fact that she dropped the video and then let radio decide its fate and did not even discount to get it into the top 10, whew the lack of energy compared to Willow. Delicate was a radio smash and therefore she is able to have radio hits, but she needs to choose the correct song and she needs to choose it as the first or second single. 

• paws up 3