Charts Discussion - Stream the #1 WW smash Grammy Winner God On Me

Miaou

Moderator 3,690
2 hours ago, FRANZGA said:

i still find it fishy how the 2 strongest albums Fetch The Bolt Cutter and After Hours got no AOTY nods..

making it an easy WIN for folkbore or sumthin??

After Hours was not that strong of an album in critics year end lists and its snub maybe is not even that surprising. Looking at https://www.albumoftheyear.org/list/summary/2020/ and https://www.metacritic.com/feature/music-critics-pick-top-10-best-albums-of-2020  AH was #19 and #13. The snub of Blinding Lights truly was horrible and the Grammys were wrong for that.

However FTBC snub truly is horrible, but at least Fiona has never cared for Grammys so she probably does not care. Also some of Liddos want to sh*t on Taylor, but Folklore was extremely highly acclaimed (#3 and #4 on those lists) and it was also commercially successful in the US so in a sense it deserves. 

A Popster Is Born 16,838
10 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

After Hours was not that strong of an album in critics year end lists and its snub maybe is not even that surprising. Looking at https://www.albumoftheyear.org/list/summary/2020/ and https://www.metacritic.com/feature/music-critics-pick-top-10-best-albums-of-2020  AH was #19 and #13. The snub of Blinding Lights truly was horrible and the Grammys were wrong for that.

However FTBC snub truly is horrible, but at least Fiona has never cared for Grammys so she probably does not care. Also some of Liddos want to sh*t on Taylor, but Folklore was extremely highly acclaimed (#3 and #4 on those lists) and it was also commercially successful in the US so in a sense it deserves. 

i think AH is the strongest in the smashing across all department..

There's always an album like that nominated.. HB smash across all boards as well but it wasn't even a front-runner.. twas FTBC vs folklore vs AH among predictors.. and yup twas backed by reputable media publications..

just because FIONA doesn't care, doesn't mean it ain't fishy or something..

Edited by FRANZGA

A Popster Is Born 14,811
1 minute ago, Herrscher of Reason said:

You wanna help me farm?

spacer.png

I see that you're planting the seed, fast-working king 

4626-A013-19-B0-48-C9-BBFC-E980-FA178084

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 16,283
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Fiona a high key visionary. We need a Gaga x Grimes x Fiona 

whew. The lack of sell power! Atleast it would be a serve. 

Fiona high key noise

• lol 1

Moderator 3,690
4 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

i think AH is the strongest in the smashing across all board department..

There's always an album like that nominated.. HB smash across all boards as well but it wasn't even a front-runner.. twas FTBC vs folklore vs AH among predictors.. and yup twas backed by reputable media publications..

just because FIONA doesn't care, doesn't mean it ain't fishy or something..

I agree that the Grammys need to be reformed but AH snub was in my opinion not that surprising, I agreed that Fiona's snub was fishy.

Honestly currently the big 4 categories are put together by a 6 person commitee from the top 20 voted songs/albums/artists so they could just snub the top 10 albums which needs to be reformed. Honestly they should make it so that the top 5 most voted songs/artists/album automatically get in and the commitee can choose 3 additional nominations for them to have a chance to give a spotlight to smaller artists. 

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 16,283
3 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

I agree that the Grammys need to be reformed but AH snub was in my opinion not that surprising, I agreed that Fiona's snub was fishy.

Honestly currently the big 4 categories are put together by a 6 person commitee from the top 20 voted songs/albums/artists so they could just snub the top 10 albums which needs to be reformed. Honestly they should make it so that the top 5 most voted songs/artists/album automatically get in and the commitee can choose 3 additional nominations for them to have a chance to give a spotlight to smaller artists. 

it was surpassing cause Grammys are combination of success, impact and acclaim, AH had it all