POPa911 Suggestions

admin

ARTPOPster 1,319

This is just a personal preference but I guess I’m not used to how round and circular the theme/icons are. I prefer a more square/rectangular layout/theme, it just looks more crisp to me 

:uhh:

The Popster 96
2 hours ago, Daylight Jokers said:

Wait, wth happened to LGN? Did it die?

It got attacked by a hacker and basically destroyed everything the owner built for years.

• shook 1
  • sad 1

Popster This Way 656

Can there be a limit on the height of the photos we can use in our signatures? Someone's signature is bigger than the average post size, and it just feels weird to scroll past in the middle of a thread. Maybe I'm being picky.

• paws up 1

Kindness Admin 7,527
1 hour ago, Timmers said:

Can there be a limit on the height of the photos we can use in our signatures? Someone's signature is bigger than the average post size, and it just feels weird to scroll past in the middle of a thread. Maybe I'm being picky.

Oh yes, now adjusted.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

• admin unfeatured this topic
Popster This Way 821
On 10/12/2020 at 3:40 PM, Joannesrats said:

I think we should avoid discussion of how we would want to be mods in this thread. It may clog it up. The time will come for mod apps, probably pretty soon, so we should probably wait until then to discuss it. 

I'd suggest if anyone wanted to be a mod, just wait until applications come out versus posting about it publicly. 

Let's not have a repeat of the other forum with people claiming it was a popularity contest :snake: 

We all know how that went lol

• paws up 2

Popster This Way 821

I definitely think the main two things that should be focused on is new emojis and a revised layout. 

I think those are the two biggest things to really set the site in motion. 

Would it make sense to make a thread and have some sort of contest for submissions based upon the emotion to be conveyed?

Kindness Admin 7,527
On 10/14/2020 at 12:02 PM, Doot said:

I definitely think the main two things that should be focused on is new emojis and a revised layout. 

I think those are the two biggest things to really set the site in motion. 

Would it make sense to make a thread and have some sort of contest for submissions based upon the emotion to be conveyed?

Do you mean reactions or emoji? Your wording made me think you meant reactions.

Layout is being worked on, will be making a post asking people what they would love to see. The system is rather restricted without a lot of development, so it'll be a slow process. I think the current home page is busy, but also provides a lot of info and options for topics to go into.

Before that, however, I'll be launching an alternate homepage that is curated instead of focusing on recently updated /added topics. That will mostly highlight long-running 'official' threads and exciting threads of the week. It'll be a manual endeavor, so something that will likely only get minor adjustments each week, but I think will be very useful for people and especially new members/visitors.

12 hours ago, BadGurlMadge said:

@admin can we please get a couple more emojis? we need AyJall, Madonna, Janet Jackson & ThatHonestVocalCoach

I think your idea Doot is pretty solid. We do have a thread suggesting some emojis to come and they will be slowly rolling out. Feel free to suggest any you'd like!

13 hours ago, beng said:

Wow @admin about to make sticky headers an OPTION

Haha, working on it. We'll see how easy the system is to manipulate in this way. I'm pretty sure it'll be doable. Getting it working will be super informative going forward for figuring out how many custom things I can build in the system. Going back to @Doot's comment above, my ideal would be a homepage that is user-adjustable. You select the forums you want to see and you decide what the system should focus on you. But that will be a 2021 project I think.

• paws up 2

Kindness Admin 7,527
4 minutes ago, Dirkje said:

Can we get a "Go back to the top" button?

Hmm, I am going to be adding in the next few weeks the ability to make the top header persistent, would that sorta achieve the same thing? or would you rather go back to, say, the top post of a topic page?

Moderator 7,816
1 minute ago, admin said:

Hmm, I am going to be adding in the next few weeks the ability to make the top header persistent, would that sorta achieve the same thing? or would you rather go back to, say, the top post of a topic page?

No, I mean that if I scroll down the page. I know there is an option for forums to auto scroll back to top. 

Something like this:

VwfXlsS.png 

• thanks 1

Kindness Admin 7,527
7 minutes ago, Doot said:

When will mod apps start?

Ideally early next week. I wanted to do it this week, but got too caught up with real life things.

• paws up 1

• 3 weeks later...