CATEGORIES: FINAL RESULTS & WINNERS

nynj nights

Popster to Popster 3,689
Just now, GitHub said:

I submitted one I didn't even know was Gaga related :bradley:

I fact-checked :romance:

But if I didn't catch some, please let me know!

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,689

Y

Spoiler

Yoakam's You're The One (song by a pioneer of country music)

Yajnavalkya (Indian philosophers who wrote how to administer country)

Yankee Grey (Country Band)

Yeehaw

Yemenite (Someone with Yemeni ancestors)

Yodel Boy (aka the country-singing boy from the viral video)

Yodel-ay-ee-oooo

You Make it Feel Like Christmas (country Christmas song by Gwen & Blake)

Yemen

You and I

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,689

The crown for international superstar goes to :crowned:....

Spoiler

@BenGfor a 17 point score, plus 5 bonus points for the following unique responses:

Closing performance for the CBS special The Grammy Nominations Concert Live! - Countdown to Music’s Biggest Night (You and I performance with Sugarland, a country act)

One America Appeal (Gaga related)

USA (Gaga’s country)

Nettles, Jennifer (country artist, performed Y&I with Gaga)

Take Your Time (Sam Hunt song)

Rebuild reputation (Joanne era)

Yodel-ay-ee-oooo

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
6 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

What happened to no sentence length  answers- that I was made to change but others not? 

If you are referring to BenG's long response - it was accepted because it referred to a proper noun or "title" of the performance. All qualifiers are permissible in these cases. There was also no verb

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, NYNJ Nights said:

If you are referring to BenG's long response - it was accepted because it referred to a proper noun or "title" of the performance. All qualifiers are permissible in these cases. There was also no verb

I’m only “angry” coz I know its @BenG! Also that I’m losing... titles that lone are literal sentences but its a forum game I ain’t that mad.

• lol 3

Popster to Popster 3,689
1 minute ago, Bakugo said:

I’m only “angry” coz I know its @BenG! Also that I’m losing... titles that lone are literal sentences but its a forum game I ain’t that mad.

It's a good question though, so just in case others are wondering I wanted to clarify, especially for those who might not be familiar with the game and how you can get creative in your responses.

Deactivated 14,311
1 minute ago, NYNJ Nights said:

It's a good question though, so just in case others are wondering I wanted to clarify, especially for those who might not be familiar with the game and how you can get creative in your responses.

I can’t keep up with the rules...

Popster to Popster 3,689
6 minutes ago, Grasim said:

Why did I got 1 point only!!

oops my bad, yes you can get 2 points for that since put similarly Robert Kaplan's Revenge of Geography works. I think the "by" threw me off. 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,689

Gagaories.png

Challenge 7

Paws up, Popsters!

Your next category is…

Spoiler

M

O

N

S

T

E

R

You have 24-hours to come up with one “word” for each of the 7 letters that relates to the category, MONSTER, for any of its meanings.

BONUS POINTS

• 1 POINT: For each word also related to Gaga (still needs to be a unique response to get the extra point)
  • 5 POINTS: If you manage to come up with unique words for all 7 letters
  • ADD DOUBLE your cumulative point total (as of challenge 6) if you decide to name fellow popsters for all 7 letters and no one else duplicates a popster on your list

Otherwise all other rules stay the same:

Spoiler

• Your “words” should directly associate with the category word. Funny and creative words are allowed but if they are questionable, I will challenge them.
  • Proper nouns, titles, and names (either LAST, FIRST or FIRST, LAST) are allowed. As such your "word" for each letter can technically be made of multiple words. If so, only the first needs to start with the key letter but you will receive more points if the additional words also start with that letter.
  • The articles "A", "An" and "The" cannot be used as the first word
  • The category word written as is cannot be used one of your word responses.
  • Acronyms and hyphenated words can be used but will only count as one word for scoring purposes.
  • You cannot repeat words from previous challenges
  • Each participant has 24 hours to PM me your answers. Explanations for your choices are welcome. If you don’t submit, you can still play in future challenges, but you will receive 0 points for the current challenge

Challenge 7 Submissions Close: February 3rd at 11:30pm EST

GOOD LUCK!

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

1 minute ago, NYNJ Nights said:

ADD DOUBLE your cumulative point total (as of challenge 6) if you decide to name fellow popsters for all 7 letters and no one else duplicates a popster on your list

Neil Degrasse Tyson Wow GIF by New York Comic Con

• lol 4

• nynj nights changed the title to CATEGORIES: Challenge 7 POSTED
Popster to Popster 3,752
32 minutes ago, NYNJ Nights said:

ADD DOUBLE your cumulative point total (as of challenge 6) if you decide to name fellow popsters for all 7 letters and no one else duplicates a popster on your list

:rip: