The Controversial Opinion Thread Gaga version.

TINDER

ARTPOPster 1,331
7 minutes ago, Leolisa said:

I wish Gaga’s level of execution was on par with Beyoncé’s. Gaga’s concepts and ideas are always beyond our imagination and inventive, but the execution a lot of times falls short.

Chromatica was supposed to be a fully prepared era (in terms of promo only) but it was cancelled for obvious reasons. However, no videos or photo shoots were planned/realised ahead of release which slowed down the era.

If Gaga executed her concepts and ideas Beyoncé style she would be even bigger than what she is now. I love her and what she puts out, but I was never here for the humble attitude. Not for an artist of her caliber. 

Well this is the TEA!

I agree with all of it except that she doesn't planned for Chromatica, sis was literally shooting ROM video even before announcing SL! I think if Rona never happened, Chromatica would have been an Experience.

• paws up 2

Popstanne 5,076
  1. Joanne is a good album, though a couple of tracks feel underwhelming and unfinished. 
  2. I like Chromatica, but something is missing for me. The songs feel like first drafts, which is ironic considering they passed through so many producers. It reminds me of how when my dog wants a treat and she’s lazy, she gives me a limp handshake and pulls away her paw too soon. I want more than what she gives us.
  3. Brown Eyes and Million Reasons are good songs. 
  4. I prefer Is That Alright? and I’ll Never Love Again over ARUTW.
  5. I prefer her singing rock music  or singing at a piano over most of her dancey pop songs. 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,331
3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Lol we got 1 single, 2 performances, the rest was just standard movie promo we wouldn’t receive if it was a usual album release (oh and a couple magazine shoots) - did I forget to mention we didn’t even get a single cover for Shallow

Imagine the complaints if all we got was interviews and magazine shoots for an album cycle 

The only reason ASIB is loved because it's massively successful and acclaimed.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Just now, Delusional said:

Lol we got 1 single, 2 performances, the rest was just standard movie promo we wouldn’t receive if it was a usual album release (oh and a couple magazine shoots) - did I forget to mention we didn’t even get a single cover for Shallow

Imagine the complaints if all we got was interviews and magazine shoots for an album cycle 

But that’s what the entire fanbase has been begging for 🤡 something to balance the era instead of dropping things all at once and going radio silent for long periods of time. 

What ASIB era had that this era didn’t is consistency. Like I said, I can’t judge because of how things turned out on a global level but artists are back to work and it just feels like Gaga is treating Chromatica like an after school project.

Gaga with Beyoncé level preparedness would be something else.

ARTPOPster 1,331
Just now, Twitter said:

Bad Romance is Gaga’s weakest single.

No, Not on my watch :nicki_scream:

1 minute ago, Twitter said:

911 is the worst on Chromatica.

Well not a Surprise coming from you!!:gaga-scream:

• paws up 1
  • lol 2

ARTPOPster 1,331
1 minute ago, Leolisa said:

Another controversial opinion:

The recent VMA’s performance was a cringefest. I was shocked, from the outfits to the choreo to the set and camera angles.

Well I wish it was edited a bit differently and the set she chose was kinda cheap looking, but I'm guessing that's what the aesthetic she was going for.

ARTPOPster 1,331
2 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Perfect Illusion is her best lead single. :sweat:

Yasss one of her best.

RIP Angel 1,992
8 minutes ago, Leolisa said:

I was never here for the humble attitude

I kinda disagaree with this. I don't think I'm ever going to be a 'stan' Gaga if she acts like she's untouchable.  It's also the reason why I'm just a casual Beyonce fan cuz I couldn't connect with her as much as I connect with Gaga. I became a fan cuz Gaga seems very human,

Just now, Daylight Jokers said:

I kinda disagaree with this. I don't think I'm ever going to be a 'stan' Gaga if she acts like she's untouchable.  It's also the reason why I'm just a casual Beyonce fan cuz I couldn't connect with her as much as I connect with Gaga. I became a fan cuz Gaga seems very human,

I can kinda meet you in the middle. I don’t care for Beyoncé’s I’m a supreme attitude but I also think Gaga’s humble attitude leaks into her work ethic. She as a person is wonderful but you can see how it affects her work (makeup, hair, choreo, her team in general, Haus Labs).

Also, Beyoncé in general always lacked charisma. 

RIP Angel 1,992

1. Chromatica would be better with longers songs. I still love the album tho.

2. She oversang during her SL performance at the VMAs.

3. I prefer the 2nd verse of ROM's demo more than the final version. Just that, but the official version is just overall better.

4. The bridge on Free Woman's demo is annoying. I wish they would've kept the original production and just polished it tho.

5. Hey Girl is one of the best tracks from Joanne.

6. As much as I love MTN's music video, the song would've been a huge hit if they had a short version of it.

7.  Judas should've never been a single.

ARTPOPster 1,331
1 minute ago, DonatellaPop said:

Enigma wasn't bad :romance:

There, I said it

ARREST ME RUSSIA

Who said that Godingma is a Great Song! Her belting is everything.

The Popster 73

- born this way is my favorite album, but chromatica has the most replay value for me
- come to mama is one of her best songs 
- sexxx dreams is overrated 
- guy, manicure, jewels n drugs, mary jane holland, and donatella are the only songs with replay value off artpop

- summerboy and teeth don't deserve any of the hate they get 
- dope is her worst song
- aura, artpop, and swine could have been great had they not touched them post production

- free woman is the worst song on chromatic next to 1000 doves 

- i don't care about the HL version of babylon
- most of her unreleased material bores me (still collect it tho hehe)

- her fans are one of her biggest weaknesses

ARTPOPster 1,331
12 minutes ago, Daylight Jokers said:

1. Chromatica would be better with longers songs. I still love the album tho.

2. She oversang during her SL performance at the VMAs.

4. The bridge on Free Woman's demo is annoying. I wish they would've kept the original production and just polished it tho.

6. As much as I love MTN's music video, the song would've been a huge hit if they had a short version of it.

7.  Judas should've never been a single.

Agree with all of them! And I luhv Judas as a song.

The Popster 248
1 minute ago, TINDER said:

Who said that Godingma is a Great Song! Her belting is everything.

I meant ha surray

OIP.CjegtZ3Xa_fyaE18mgGbNwHaHa?pid=Api&r

Enigma (the song) is legendary tho

Edited by DonatellaPop

ARTPOPster 1,331
1 minute ago, DonatellaPop said:

I meant ha surray

OIP.CjegtZ3Xa_fyaE18mgGbNwHaHa?pid=Api&r

Enigma (the song) is legendary tho

Well I haven't seen enigma live but judging by the videos I didn't liked it! :pillow:

• paws up 2