GGD talk thread

EuphoricVibez

The Popster 68
5 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy2 said:

I remember Samantha made a thread not too long ago, asking if there was interest in users being able to put their pronouns in their profile. Basically everyone agreed it was a good idea. It’s something the mods or Admin could have done, that would have made a difference in helping trans users feeling more respected.

That's part of the reason why I never fully felt comfortable there. I never really told anyone in GGD I was nonbinary partly because I wasn't ready to come out to myself but mostly because I saw how gross people were in every Sam Smith thread. A constant refusal of using the correct pronouns and mocking of anyone who called it out. It's the kind of thing I grew a thicker skin about but it still hurts to see people be nice to you one second and then be transphobic the other.

• paws up 16
  • hugs 1
  • thanks 1

Popster This Way 656
16 hours ago, Timmers said:

This is the list so far of people who have been banned related to the Doot/Twitter/Mods Drama of 2020.

If you have been banned in the past 48 hours for defending Doot & Twitter or for calling out Admin or the mods, please let me know so I can add you.

1. Doot
  2. Twitter
  3. Monster
  4. Antoni / Timmers (Banned 2x)
  5. Daylight Jokers (Banned 2x)
  6. Adakam
  7. LadariousGarage (Banned 2x)
  8. LavenderBlondee (unbanned)
  9. Derpmonster (Banned 2x)
  10. DC (Banned 2x)
  11. Lorde Von Kok (Banned 2x)
  12. Musicisfreedom (Banned 2x)
  13. EuphoricVibez 
  14. Little Legend 
  15. HybridAT (Banned 2x)
  16. Heavy Metal Lover
  17. ModernEcstasy 
  18. L0NEL1GHTS
  19. SLAG
  20. Aphrodizy26 
  21. Born In Chromatica
  22. Ice Bear
  23. Archduchess
  24. Brecht
  25. Nino - for being a member here and posting love to Brazil and Islam on GGD
  26. BadGurl Madge - requested a ban weeks ago, only banned after Doot/Twitter for being here
  27. Aphrodizy26
  28. Gagaschickens
  29. Joannesrats

Updated!

• thanks 1

Community Leader 2,817
16 hours ago, HausLabsBabylon said:

omg you joined we love a tricon 

I know this was from yesterday but I was reading through and this really put a big smile on my face - it made me feel seen and appreciated <3 

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 769
Just now, nenhures said:

mostly because I saw how gross people were in every Sam Smith thread

this a BILLIONS times!! every single thread, always the same people refusing to be respectful as if it's going to cause bodily harm to themselves :snake:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 8

Community Leader 454
1 minute ago, nenhures said:

That's part of the reason why I never fully felt comfortable there. I never really told anyone in GGD I was nonbinary partly because I wasn't ready to come out to myself but mostly because I saw how gross people were in every Sam Smith thread. A constant refusal of using the correct pronouns and mocking of anyone who called it out. It's the kind of thing I grew a thicker skin about but it still hurts to see people be nice to you one second and then be transphobic the other.

I respect you! And I really hope that this new space will be one where all trans & nb people will be helped to feel safe in being open (if they choose to) and gendered correctly. We all have to be part of making it a safe and welcoming place.

• paws up 9

Community Leader 2,817
Just now, ryanripley said:

this a BILLIONS times!! every single thread, always the same people refusing to be respectful as if it's going to cause bodily harm to themselves :snake:

I'm really glad that I started the thread title "GGD Has a Problem" about the pronouns thing. It made a lot of people show their true colors and, not to toot my own horn, was a start of the downfall of the place:romance:

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 2

11 hours ago, Freddy said:

Honestly I’m waiting for the more grounded/good mods to finally speak up publicly about this whole situation. I’m taking about PartySick, Zilla, Shadow etc. 

It's the same reason good cops don't speak up -- they're crushed / warned off by admins and the rest of the group. You just KNOW several of the mods and admin are telling anyone who wants to speak up not to. 

• sad 1
  • thanks 3

The Popster 83
1 minute ago, brownie said:

It's the same reason good cops don't speak up -- they're crushed / warned off by admins and the rest of the group. You just KNOW several of the mods and admin are telling anyone who wants to speak up not to. 

Is it time for AMAB to become a thing? 

Spoiler

just kidding just kidding let's be kind, we know that MAGAdmin is going to post screenshots of ppl being mean to him to gain sympathy  

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,584
5 minutes ago, nenhures said:

100% same!  I never wanted to talk about being NB because of those vitriolic dipshits.  It's pretty sad that queer people felt like they had to hide part of their identifies on a LADY GAGA FORUM 

Although I always appreciated people like @Joannesrats sticking up for people like us

• paws up 5
  • hugs 4

Community Leader 2,817
6 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

100% same!  I never wanted to talk about being NB because of those vitriolic dipshits.  It's pretty sad that queer people felt like they had to hide part of their identifies on a LADY GAGA FORUM 

Although I always appreciated people like @Joannesrats sticking up for people like us

The fact that trans and enby people have to fight for their lives (babylon) in their own minds and homes is enough of a struggle. Of all places, like you said, they should at LEAST get basic human decency on a Gaga forum - she has a #1 song mentioning trans people, for god sake. It doesn't make sense to me why people that fought out for that protection and equality were vilified and made seen as the aggressor while the people that were actively transphobic were seen as victims when people would be rude to them. 

If someone tells you someone's pronouns 5 times and you actively refuse to use them, that is an act of violence and I don't care about their feelings after that point. 

Spoiler

also pls note that i'm not a cis person trying to get ally points. i'll fight for anyone to have human decency, not just trans folks. what i'm doing, fighting for other people, should be a natural human instinct

Edited by Joannesrats
  • paws up 14

OH MY GOD I WAS JUST BANNED. 48 hours ago I had 0 warning points. Yesterday they gave me 2 for being "disrespectful to the mods". 5 minutes ago they gave me 8 more with no warning / reason given. 9 years down the drain...

Kamala Harris No GIF

Add me to that banned list I guess! What am I, #30? #29? 

Edited by brownie
  • paws up 6
  • shook 5
  • sad 1
  • lol 1

Community Leader 2,817
2 minutes ago, brownie said:

OH MY GOD I WAS JUST BANNED. 48 hours ago I had 0 warning points. Yesterday they gave me 2 for being "disrespectful to the mods". 5 minutes ago they gave me 8 more with no reason given. 9 years down the drain...

Add me to that banned list I guess, LMAO

Kamala Harris No GIF

Congrats and condolences! 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster This Way 656
3 minutes ago, brownie said:

OH MY GOD I WAS JUST BANNED. 48 hours ago I had 0 warning points. Yesterday they gave me 2 for being "disrespectful to the mods". 5 minutes ago they gave me 8 more with no reason given. 9 years down the drain...

Kamala Harris No GIF

Add me to that banned list I guess! What am I, #30? #29? 

What did you say/do for the WPs? Did you do anything there today?

Popster This Way 656
16 hours ago, Timmers said:

This is the list so far of people who have been banned related to the Doot/Twitter/Mods Drama of 2020.

If you have been banned in the past 48 hours for defending Doot & Twitter or for calling out Admin or the mods, please let me know so I can add you.

1. Doot
  2. Twitter
  3. Monster
  4. Antoni / Timmers (Banned 2x)
  5. Daylight Jokers (Banned 2x)
  6. Adakam
  7. LadariousGarage (Banned 2x)
  8. LavenderBlondee (unbanned)
  9. Derpmonster (Banned 2x)
  10. DC (Banned 2x)
  11. Lorde Von Kok (Banned 2x)
  12. Musicisfreedom (Banned 2x)
  13. EuphoricVibez 
  14. Little Legend 
  15. HybridAT (Banned 2x)
  16. Heavy Metal Lover
  17. ModernEcstasy 
  18. L0NEL1GHTS
  19. SLAG
  20. Aphrodizy26 
  21. Born In Chromatica
  22. Ice Bear
  23. Archduchess
  24. Brecht
  25. Nino - for being a member here and posting love to Brazil and Islam on GGD
  26. BadGurl Madge - requested a ban weeks ago, only banned after Doot/Twitter for being here
  27. Aphrodizy26
  28. Gagaschickens
  29. Joannesrats
  30. Brownie

Updated. 

When I started this list in my phone, it was nine people. NINE.

• shook 5

Just now, Timmers said:

What did you say/do for the WPs? Did you do anything there today?

Yeah haha tbh I had just changed my public status to 

' "Disrespectful" - anonymous mod '

And my comment about "hopefully on a forum with better mods" in the thread "Where do You See Yourself in 5 Years" was the most liked comment in that thread and kept getting likes...

And I had pointed out how an anoymous mod gave me warning points for that comment and said "they don't even have the guts to warn me personally" and then suddenly had 8 more warning points 

flavor of love wtf GIF

• lol 2